EVGA - Queue Changes

I got my notice for a 3080 XC3 @ $819 today... Not feeling especially inspired to buy to review unless one of you guys wants to buy it from me....

I got my notice for a 3080 XC3 @ $819 today... Not feeling especially inspired to buy to review unless one of you guys wants to buy it from me....
I would have if I didn't have my 3070 already... And going from the 3070 to 3080 for my use-case isn't worth it..

I got an email that they are doing away with queues now because availability is so much improved.

EVGA -- you started out with such good intentions. And you've now completely F'd up a simple queue system twice.

IMO -- they should have blocked new queue signups, and continued through their queue until it was empty. If supply is that improved, it wouldn't take long to clear it out. Everyone would have been happy.

But to hear that my spot in the queue has just been deleted, and I gotta go back to looking for inventory. Maybe the inventory will be so great that it's just a matter of putting it in my cart. But maybe not, and finishing out the queue wouldn't have cost EVGA anything.

The 2.0 and 3.0 changes left a really sour taste in my mouth. I really don't understand why something like a queue is so complicated that no company got it right during this entire logistics crapshow that has been the last couple of years.

EVGA -- you started out with such good intentions. And you've now completely F'd up a simple queue system twice.

IMO -- they should have blocked new queue signups, and continued through their queue until it was empty. If supply is that improved, it wouldn't take long to clear it out. Everyone would have been happy.

But to hear that my spot in the queue has just been deleted, and I gotta go back to looking for inventory. Maybe the inventory will be so great that it's just a matter of putting it in my cart. But maybe not, and finishing out the queue wouldn't have cost EVGA anything.

The 2.0 and 3.0 changes left a really sour taste in my mouth. I really don't understand why something like a queue is so complicated that no company got it right during this entire logistics crapshow that has been the last couple of years.
Deleting the queue or revamping it was WAY easier than trying to explain to Queue people that they card they signed up for that WAS 700 dollars will only be fulfilled for 900 dollars. Better to ditch the queue.

Deleting the queue or revamping it was WAY easier than trying to explain to Queue people that they card they signed up for that WAS 700 dollars will only be fulfilled for 900 dollars. Better to ditch the queue.
Yeah that’s an entire separate issue in and of itself

I didn't even get a notification for this. Its been a couple of years already, since I was in queue

I agree the queue started out with good intentions, but somewhere along the way it kind of well, lost its way a bit. I think they didn't evaluate the demand very well and this caused the queue to be off by a lot in the delivery end of things. Took me a long while to get that 3080 Ti.

Become a Patron!
Back