EVGA Shares First Image of X570 DARK Motherboard for AMD Ryzen Processors

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
evga-dark-motherboard-teaser-amd-ryzen-swirl-1024x576.jpg
Image: EVGA

EVGA has finally shared an image of its first AMD motherboard, the X570 DARK.

Enthusiasts who don’t like the appearance of EVGA’s recently released Z590 DARK motherboard are sure to be disappointed, as the X570 looks almost exactly the same. Both motherboards feature a nearly all-black design, which isn’t a shocker considering the branding, alongside other obvious similarities such as the M.2 cover and I/O area.

EVGA’s Vince Lucido, who shared the image on his Facebook feed, has called the X570 DARK motherboard a “monster” for overclockers. The implication is that it should be an excellent choice for users who are looking to push their Ryzen processors to the limit.

There is no availability or pricing information for EVGA’s X570 DARK motherboard yet, but its Intel counterpart, the Z590 DARK, debuted over the summer for $599. The X570...

Continue reading...

Are people actually deep into over clocking in the terrible years of parts scarcity, warranty modifications, and exploding power supplies?

More of a gamble than I want to take.

Are people actually deep into over clocking in the terrible years of parts scarcity, warranty modifications, and exploding power supplies?

More of a gamble than I want to take.

The funny thing is that statistically, most of these high end motherboards never see overclocking. Additionally, overclocking on current high end CPU's isn't all that much fun as far as I am concerned. It's tedious and annoying, producing minimal gains at best. The last processor I truly enjoyed overclocking was the Core i9 10980XE.

The funny thing is that statistically, most of these high end motherboards never see overclocking. Additionally, overclocking on current high end CPU's isn't all that much fun as far as I am concerned. It's tedious and annoying, producing minimal gains at best. The last processor I truly enjoyed overclocking was the Core i9 10980XE.
The other side of that -- they do a pretty darn good job of overclocking themselves now.

The other side of that -- they do a pretty darn good job of overclocking themselves now.

This. I saw no appreciable gains overclocking my 3700X. Just minor tweaking to make it run more frequently at it's boost clock. I got more out of pushing my RAM to 3733 with tighter timings.

Two memory slots?

Yes. The EVGA "Dark" series uses only two slots as that improves the memory overclocking of the motherboard. Motherboards with two slots can always clock modules higher than those with four.

This. I saw no appreciable gains overclocking my 3700X. Just minor tweaking to make it run more frequently at it's boost clock. I got more out of pushing my RAM to 3733 with tighter timings.

Unfortunately, this has been my experience as well. Most processors are binned so close to the edge of what the silicon can do that overclocking them has almost become a colossal waste of time. Memory overclocking on the other hand can be a lot of fun. Unfortunately, you've got to get memory and a motherboard that can do it well.

Cool that EVGA is finally making AMD motherboards. What I've really wanted from them for well over a decade are Radeon cards. When I buy nVidia, EVGA is my go-to, and I'd like the same option for Radeons.

Become a Patron!
Back