Executive Producer of BlizzCon Updates That the Annual Gaming Event Held in California Has Been Canceled

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
BlizzCon-1024x576.png
Image: Blizzard Entertainment

BlizzCon 2020 has become one of the latest public events to get canceled due to the impact of COVID-19. The annual gaming event is usually held in Anaheim, California. It joins a long list of cancellations that continues to grow as many industries try to adjust to the ongoing complications brought on in the wake of the global pandemic. Yesterday, the executive producer of BlizzCon, Saralyn Smith (aka Whirlwind Barbarian) posted this on their website.

Hello, Blizzard community,Several weeks ago, I shared an update about our uncertainty around holding BlizzCon this year. Since then, a lot has changed . . . and a lot also hasn’t changed. During this time, we’ve had many discussions about what holding a convention could look like in light of all the health and...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone other than the hardcore cosplayers still go to these anyway?

Did anyone other than the hardcore cosplayers still go to these anyway?

I have friends that are still deep into blizzard games mostly WOW and they go every year and have for the past several. I never understood it. But there it is.

Become a Patron!
Back