Far Cry 6 Will No Longer Receive Any Updates, says Ubisoft

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Has Ubisoft's Far Cry team already moved on to bigger and better things (e.g., Far Cry 7)? That may certainly be the case, as the official Far Cry account has announced that the developer behind Far Cry 6, Ubisoft Toronto, will no longer be providing any new updates to its open-world shooter, which launched in October 2021 and introduced players to the fictional Caribbean island of Yara and its dictator, "El Presidente" Antón Castillo, played by actor Giancarlo Esposito. According to Far Cry 6's news feed, the last patch that the game received was nearly a year ago, in November 2022, although it did add some pretty major features, including New Game+, allowing players to start the campaign again with most of their equipment. Ubisoft has clarified that Far Cry 6's online services will continue to be maintained and won't be affected.

See full article...

For single player games, I don't even know why they bother continuing to patch once bugs have been resolved.

I mean, they should patch it for compatibility with future OS updates, but that's about it. I mean, if they don't it wont be a huge loss. Of the mainline Far Cry games (not counting in between numbered releases and expansions) it was probably the worst. Maybe except the first Far Cry, but that was a completely different type of game.

And it's funny, I played through Far Cry 6, but I don't remember any online elements at all :p

Far Cry 6 was a one and done game. I never even thought about it after finishing it once. Gameplay wise it was probably the best in the series since ubisoft took over the IP, but the story was worse than FC5.

Far Cry 6 was a one and done game. I never even thought about it after finishing it once. Gameplay wise it was probably the best in the series since ubisoft took over the IP, but the story was worse than FC5.

I mean that's kind of how these story based open world FPS/RPG shooters usually go.

I think the only ones I ever replayed ever were the original Deus Ex (like 12 years after launchwheb I had forgotten the story) and Deus Ex Human Revolution before I played Mankind Divided, to refresh my memory. (I think I may have enjoyed quote a few quality beers during my original playthrough, and the memory was hazy)

But that's about it.

Oh, I also replayed the original Half Life over a decade after I played it the first time.

Fallout 3, NV and 4? I played all once through the story and never looked at them again. Same with every other title in the Single Player FPS/RPG genre.

I mean that's kind of how these story based open world FPS/RPG shooters usually go.

I think the only ones I ever replayed ever were the original Deus Ex (like 12 years after launchwheb I had forgotten the story) and Deus Ex Human Revolution before I played Mankind Divided, to refresh my memory. (I think I may have enjoyed quote a few quality beers during my original playthrough, and the memory was hazy)

But that's about it.

Oh, I also replayed the original Half Life over a decade after I played it the first time.

Fallout 3, NV and 4? I played all once through the story and never looked at them again. Same with every other title in the Single Player FPS/RPG genre.
If they are good I play them more than once. Not for the story but the journey. I re-played the OG DeusEx at least a dozen times, and I still found things in it that I missed on previous playthroughs. I even finished Invisible War 5 times, I think it is extremely underrated.

Half Life I also completed a dozen times, but back then I had much more time seemingly I'd probably not do it today.

I've definitely played Fallout 3 more than once also, Fallout 4 too. NV, I don't recall doing more than once, I think that was overrated, I think I prefer the world of F3 over it. But in Bethesda games it doesn't necessarily mean doing the main campaign over and over again, but starting new characters and sinking dozens of hours into them.

I replay the Mass Effect series every few years... but I'm weird.
Mass Effect series is probably my most re-played franchise.

ME1: 8 times
ME2: 17 times (definitely my favorite)
ME3: 4 times
MEA: 2 times

And I'm still yet to play the legendary edition, I started it once but got sidetracked after a short stint.

Which one was 6? The one with the Breaking Bad bad guy?

Become a Patron!
Back