First Gameplay Teaser Released for Command & Conquer Remaster

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
EA and Petroglyph Games (whose members happen to comprise former Westwood Studios staff) have released the first gameplay footage of Command & Conquer Remastered. As expected, the classic RTS title has received a visual overhaul, but one that is very much faithful to the original. Players can even "tap a single key to smoothly toggle between the original assets at 320 x 200, to the Remastered assets up to 3840 x 2160."

Playing with this toggle over the past several months has been a true joy, and we believe will be one of your favorite features in the Remaster. Along with the real-time toggling, you’ll have the ability to zoom the camera to take in all the high definition detail, with an effective zoom distance between the DOS and C&C Gold camera heights.

I spent a lot of time in my early gaming years playing C&C and Red Alert, and while I would absolutely love to pick up re-masters to get on the nostalgia train, EA and Activision will never see another penny from me; I really wish it was someone other than EA publishing this.

If they re-do Red Alert 1 + 2 with local LAN play, OMG it would be a trip back to the 90's. I somehow doubt it though...

Become a Patron!
Back