First-Person Shooter INDUSTRIA Will Release on September 30

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
industria-title-card-1024x576.jpg
Image: Bleakmill

Startup studio Bleakmill has shared a trailer confirming that its upcoming first-person shooter, INDUSTRIA, will be released on September 30 via Steam and GOG. Set during the end of the Cold War Era in 1989, the game begins in East Berlin. After receiving a goodbye message, the main character goes searching for a missing colleague. Upon discovering a portal in a secret research facility, she is transported to another dimension. In this strange, surreal, steampunk-styled reality, players will battle humanoid robot creatures as they unravel the mystery of what has become of her friend.

INDUSTRIA creators David Jungnickel and Steve Chapman were inspired by notable games such as Silent Hill, Half-Life 2, and Portal. The game has been in development for over six years by a small team. It was originally planned for Q1 2021...

Continue reading...

Not terribly impressive visually. However, I am interested in seeing more about this one. Not a day one purchase for me but if initial feedback on the game is good, I'd be interested. It's weird enough it just might work.

Not terribly impressive visually. However, I am interested in seeing more about this one. Not a day one purchase for me but if initial feedback on the game is good, I'd be interested. It's weird enough it just might work.
I agree, but while I do like stunning graphics, this is good enough that it isn't disruptive. If the story is good, and not too farfetched, and it doesn't devolve into Dooom/Quake dynamics, I could wind up being rather interested.

As long as the graphics have a minimum fidelity of like half life 2. Everything else can be story snd game play.

If we don't have to fight a poncy British swordsman as a boss fight and listen to his insults during it I will be very dissappointed.

I pretty much agree with all of you. I felt the graphics meet the minimum for modern expectations but the story and gameplay will be the make it or break it factor for this game. I commend the team for their efforts though hope the best for them. It could be the beginning of something great for them if they pull it off. If it works out I could easily see them cutting a deal with that company that gobbled up THQ and all those other ones in Eastern Europe in the last few years.

I think it looks perfectly serviceable. The only reason I'd really want to see it with super high quality graphics (beyond liking that sort of thing) is due to the potential its setting and story would have to amaze and shock you. That said, if the game play and story are good enough I'd be in to try it.

Become a Patron!
Back