Ford Unveils All-Electric Mustang Mach-E: Up to 459 HP, 300 Miles of Range

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Ford has announced its first long-range EV, an SUV with up to 300 miles of range: the Mustang Mach-E. A total of five variants will be available, with the fastest, most powerful, and most expensive being the $60,500 GT. Launching in Spring 2021, the top performer offers 459 HP (0-60 in three seconds) and an estimated range of up to 235 miles.

Equipped with an extended-range battery and rear-wheel drive, Mach-E has a targeted EPA-estimated range of at least 300 miles. In extended-range all-wheel-drive configurations, Mach-E is targeting 332 horsepower and 417 lb.-ft. of torque – with the standard all-wheel-drive variation targeting quicker times to 60 mph than the base Porsche Macan series.

2021? By that time competition will be better and this will probably be too little too late for too much.

I think this is a mistake. They are trying to use their small form SUV chassis for yet another build and this one they are calling a mustang.

Maybe an EV Bronco but not a mustang. This doesn't fit with what they have done in the past. And in this case I think calling this new design a mustang is a mistake. They are counting on branding to bring sales...

Might as well call it a Edge or something. But it's an SUV not a cheap mas produced good looking pony car... and THAT is what a mustang is supposed to be.

Another era of Mustang 2's - yucky yuck! Wait it does go to 0-60 in 3 seconds vice 30 seconds - wait and see.

Oh good gawd, are you ****ing serious?! Why name this atrocity a Mustang?! A ****ing SUV? Get that ugly-*** turd outta here. Why couldn't they have gone with just a regular Mustang that was electric. That at least would have been somewhat more acceptable.

Reactions: _k_
Who exactly is clamoring for this thing to be made? Maybe the execs should go see Ford v Ferrari to inspire them.

I don't know why Ford, a successful car company, would do what Mistubishi did, an unsuccessful car company, and poach one of their legendary sports car badges and put in on a crossover.

That is the ugliest thing I've seen since the 70's.

But since I hate mustangs, I hope they sell a lot of them, lol.

How long is the charge time to achieve rated distance?
What is the distance after a ~80% fast charge?

I’m still skeptical about 100% electrics, but I don’t really take any other issues with this model from Ford — at least with the info we have at hand. It’s better than a lot of crap Ford has thrown out in the past (and I am generally a Ford fan)

Become a Patron!
Back