FSP CMT520 Plus Case Review

LeRoy_Blanchard

Skillz
Staff member
header.jpg

Introduction

Today we will be reviewing the FSP CMT520 Plus E-ATX Mid Tower PC Gaming Case (CMT520 Plus.) This is a case with two translucent tempered glass panels. One on the front of the case and one on the side panel. The retail price for this case is $129.99 direct from FSP Group. You get a 2-year warranty with this case. You can even find it cheaper at certain online stores at the time of writing. We’ll put those links for you in the conclusion.

FSP Group has been building computer components since the early 90s where they’ve mostly focused on Power Supplies. They’ve started building gaming cases for the e-sports and advanced gaming crowd as far back as 2018.

We have...

Continue reading...

This appears identical to the Rosewill Cullinan v500 that goes for $80, and the internals are extremely similar to the Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh, which is going for about $100-$125

At that price point too, I'd expect to see a USB Type C connector on the front too, instead of 2 USB2 and 2 USB3.0 connectors..

At that price point too, I'd expect to see a USB Type C connector on the front too, instead of 2 USB2 and 2 USB3.0 connectors..
The Lian Li version has 1 USB C in lieu of the 2x 3.0 connectors, but it isn't hooked up to anything internally, it's just a cutout for the jack - so I don't know what adapter it needs or where it hooked up on a motherboard. In my build right now it's just a USB-C shaped hole in the control panel until I figure it out.

The Lancool tempered glass panels are also all hinged on magentic latches - really nice, no screws, the panels don't have to come off if you don't want to, but the glass only covers the motherboard area, the lower PSU compartment has a steel (also magnetic latch) cover. The thumbscrews on this FSP unit and the Rosewill aren't bad though - miles better than the old catches, the glass is full height of the case and they don't look half bad.

Also, the Rosewill has a fan speed control switch (if you decided to use it - I bypassed it and took the fans straight to motherboard headers and ramp them from there). The Lian Li has some RGB control buttons for an internal RGB controller that work the LEDs on the front panel fans, if you don't hook them up to a RGB control header.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back