GALAX Reveals GeForce RTX 3090 HOF Series

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
galax-geforce-rtx-3090-hof-series-rgb-1024x576.jpg
Image: GALAX

GALAX has revealed its GeForce RTX 3090 HOF (Hall of Fame) Series graphics cards, which include premium such as a removable 4.3″ full-color TFT LCD screen for GPU monitoring and an all-white shroud. It also features a custom 14+8+4 phase DrMOS power design and 3 x 8-pin connectors. The premium model comes with a HOF support stick, white PCIe 8-pin extension cable, HOF gloves, and 1-Click Sync Pro cable...

Continue reading...

1815 boost is a little disappointing considering other AIB cards on the market already hit that.

How many more cards are going to be introduced that are unavailable for purchase?

1815 boost is a little disappointing considering other AIB cards on the market already hit that.
Too true but between the custom power phases, and hopefully their cooling solution, overclockers might be able to really make them fly.

Also wonder what the final TDP was. I was thinking yesterday about what their BIOS is allowing.

Also wonder what the final TDP was. I was thinking yesterday about what their BIOS is allowing.
500W is the max according to this on the "OC Lab" Edition.
https://videocardz.com/newz/galax-i...90-hall-of-fame-series-clocked-up-to-1905-mhz

I would like to know if the card that hit 3 GHz was all on the stock board or if they soldered an extra power board onto it.

Here's the US store page for you to bookmark. I want to try and go for the base model, but I'm sure it's going to be a massacre.
https://galaxstore.net/RTX™-3090-Series-Hall-Of-Fame-Series_c_59.html

Last edited:
500W is the max according to this on the "OC Lab" Edition.
Well that might be enough to do the trick. I think I heard through the grapevine another manufacturer is releasing a BIOS update to increase theirs to 520W. I watched that vid and it looks like the stock PCB could handle it but I'm no expert on such matters. It's the first time I've ever seen someone else's custom PCB put the Strix OC to shame before. Right now the Strix will pull around 480W when the power limit is raised to 123% if you've got the 450W BIOS firmware. I've got that but it takes all the fans in my case, plus the card's, at max, to hold around 70-75C. Clocks end up ~1950-2040MHz with mem at 20GHz. I just don't know how these HOFs will hold up for cooling.

Well that might be enough to do the trick. I think I heard through the grapevine another manufacturer is releasing a BIOS update to increase theirs to 520W. I watched that vid and it looks like the stock PCB could handle it but I'm no expert on such matters. It's the first time I've ever seen someone else's custom PCB put the Strix OC to shame before. Right now the Strix will pull around 480W when the power limit is raised to 123% if you've got the 450W BIOS firmware. I've got that but it takes all the fans in my case, plus the card's, at max, to hold around 70-75C. Clocks end up ~1950-2040MHz with mem at 20GHz. I just don't know how these HOFs will hold up for cooling.

I feel like any card dumping 500W of heat should come with a full card water block.

The cards come air cooled.
Galax did release a HOF version some time back that came without a cooler. I think the PCB was also specifically designed to weather subzero cooling better while being friendlier to supplemental power boards, as well. I wonder why they abandoned that idea.

Galax did release a HOF version some time back that came without a cooler. I think the PCB was also specifically designed to weather subzero cooling better while being friendlier to supplemental power boards, as well. I wonder why they abandoned that idea.
I've felt the same with Asus and EK. They parternered up for a 3090 with a block but it's not the Strix version. Only 2 x 8-pin connectors and more-or-less FE pcb. It's a beautiful card but woudn't really help for the overclocking aspect once power limits become a factor. Meanwhile I'm in the midst of researching all the details to put a block on my Strix. EK does make a block for it but such a shame I can't just get one that's preinstalled.

I've felt the same with Asus and EK. They parternered up for a 3090 with a block but it's not the Strix version. Only 2 x 8-pin connectors and more-or-less FE pcb. It's a beautiful card but woudn't really help for the overclocking aspect once power limits become a factor. Meanwhile I'm in the midst of researching all the details to put a block on my Strix. EK does make a block for it but such a shame I can't just get one that's preinstalled.

Like the Aorus Waterforce card that is all but non-existent. You can't even setup a notify for it on Gigabyte's website, but the rest of the cards you can.

I just get the feeling that AIB's have pretty much abandoned this series for retail. They're giving us the crumbs while the majority of their stock goes to China and miners.

Here's the US store page for you to bookmark. I want to try and go for the base model, but I'm sure it's going to be a massacre.
https://galaxstore.net/RTX™-3090-Series-Hall-Of-Fame-Series_c_59.html
Odds are I won't have a chance in getting one but that 500W monster really has me wondering. Every reviewer on the planet has said the power is the main limiting control factor for 3090s in particular. Just trying to imagine how it performs out of the box in a well ventilated case.

Become a Patron!
Back