Gamers Who Purchase Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox One Will Get the Xbox Series X Version for Free

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-logo-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

Microsoft’s Smart Delivery initiative has already earned its first big fan.

Shortly after the cross-buy feature was announced this morning, CD PROJEKT RED confirmed its support by revealing that owners of Cyberpunk 2077 for Xbox One would be getting the Xbox Series X version at no cost.

“Gamers should never be forced to purchase the same game twice or pay for upgrades,” the company said.

Gamers should never be forced to purchase the same game twice or pay for upgrades. Owners of #Cyberpunk2077 for Xbox One will receive the Xbox Series X upgrade for free when available...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think all vendors should do this... but that doesn't mean the future of consoles is golden unless they plan to carry that forward into the newest generation of Xbox's and their iterations.

Well, there is the backwards compatibility thing... that isn’t the same thing as getting the new version with all the new bells and whistles, but it’s probably as far as the console maker can go.

It’s on the software distributor to make the updated software available. I agree, it’s very nice when they do so - not all do.

Also makes me think some cash changed hands here - this isn’t an XB exclusive, and CDPR did not announce the same deal for PlayStation in so far as I can tell.

I do realize that supporting a new console gen isn’t quite the same thing as just ticking the graphics options up on a PC... but with how consoles are evolving the last generation it doesn’t seem like it should be that far off from it now. That’s essentially all both MS and Sony are doing for the Pro/X edition support.

Become a Patron!
Back