GeForce NOW Loses Another Huge Publisher: Bethesda Exits NVIDIA’s Game-Streaming Service

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-now-logo-honeycomb-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

GeForce NOW is becoming a bit of a nightmare for NVIDIA (and its paid subscribers), as more and more companies are rescinding their support for the newly launched game-streaming service. Mimicking Activision’s decision from last week, Bethesda is the latest big-name publisher to pull its games from the GeForce NOW catalog.

The news was revealed today in a post made on the official forums by staff member Cory@NVIDIA:

“Please be advised most Bethesda Softworks titles will be removed from the GeForce NOW service today. Wolfenstein Youngblood will remain for all members. Founders members can continue to experience the game with RTX On.”

It isn’t clear why Wolfenstein Youngblood was spared, but Bethesda’s decision suggests that...

Continue reading...

Well I'm not surprised. That's going to be a negotiated license to make that work.

I'm not either. Bethesda will probably try and roll out their own service eventually. What a giant clusterfuck that will be.

Oh wow you know every player is looking at the cost. And Nvidia is going to laugh all the way to the bank. This is EXACTLY what they wanted to happen. Everyone spinning up their own service buying their cards and employing their contractors and API to do it.

**** that's just genius now that I think about it. They have shown that the 'public' wants this. They are going to enable streaming to mobile devices. And now all the publishers have dreams of Netflix like profits. As soon as everyone ELSE gets game streaming going Netflix will quietly retire their 'cheap' version or offer some super premium version with all the games.

DAMNIT NVIDIA!

This is just totally unfair. UNFAIR I SAY.

this is the first thing that is a threat to PC gaming AND a potential boon at the same time.

I called it. Just got a email from Spectrum offing their new streaming gaming service called Shadow, who's feature set is uncannily similar to Geforce Now's.

Become a Patron!
Back