George Miller Would Only Want Another Mad Max Game to Be Made If Hideo Kojima Helmed It

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
George Miller recently voiced his support for the famed video game developer as the person he'd most like to make another Mad Max game. Miller attended a red carpet event for Mad Max: Fury Road where he expressed that if ever another game were to be made he'd like Hideo Kojima to do it.

See full article...

That's old news... Fury road was before this last one right?

Well the 2015 game was set between the 3rd movie and Fury Road. Who knows what he's got in mind for another game though. If you've got the time to research it, the story behind the 2015 game is an interesting one that actually spans over a decade and ended up with Miller being removed from it due to running out of time to get Fury Road finished and then the usual corporate publisher dramas with multiple development teams. It's one of those stories that could be made into a documentary or short book.

Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm not really sure who I'd trust with it right now but I feel the same otherwise. It's kind of a mystery why these two are drawn to each other the way they are, considering their styles seem so different from each other.

I enjoyed 2015's Mad Max. If Kojima had made that game, I would NOT have enjoyed it. He's the last person I want involved with a potential sequel. That's not to say he hasn't made things I've enjoyed, but most of his sh1t is not for me.

Become a Patron!
Back