GIGABYTE’s Custom Radeon RX 6800 Series GPUs to Cost as High as $899

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
gigabyte-aorus-radeon-rx-6800-xt-master-type-c-16g-3d-1024x576.jpg
Image: GIGABYTE

Those of you who thought Radeon RX 6800 Series graphics cards from AIBs might be priced similarly to AMD’s reference models are in for a rude awakening. During today’s MAX-Covered Cooling Launch Event, GIGABYTE revealed the prices for some of its custom RDNA 2 GPUs, and they aren’t pretty.

The flagship AORUS Radeon RX 6800 XT MASTER TYPE C 16G will cost $899, which is $250 higher than the MSRP of the standard Radeon RX 6800 XT ($649). Likewise, the Radeon RX 6800 XT GAMING OC 16G and AORUS Radeon...

[url=https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/12/14/gigabytes-custom-radeon-rx-6800-series-gpus-to-cost-as-high-as-899/]Continue reading...

I really think AIB partners are out of touch or AMD's GPU cost to AIBs are way too high.

You can get a custom EK waterblock/backplate and the base 6800XT for $50 less than this card.

All that is ignoring the $999 6900XT.

What do you want to het this is the launch price and as availability improves prices will come down?

I really don't understand this.

Why would anyone pay this amount of $$$ for a GPU when the competition is cheaper and has more and better features?

It's just odd to me, especially at the high end.

I really don't understand this.

Why would anyone pay this amount of $$$ for a GPU when the competition is cheaper and has more and better features?

It's just odd to me, especially at the high end.

Show me where you can buy any competition or even base card of this generation please.

Show me where you can buy any competition or even base card of this generation please.
Sorry, I should have added "If and when available".

BTW, both Newegg and Best Buy roll out stuff all the time, problem of course is to catch it.
Newegg gives you a heads up on twitter tho and yesterday I could have snagged a few items on their "Combo" deals.
Even a few GPU's on their own were availble for about 5 minutes at 8pm EST.
None of them would have worked for me tho as I have case size restrictions so I sit in the EVGA que and just wait it out.

Not making ANY excuses for a utter garbage launch form all sides, just sayin...

All these shortages make me think that most of these cards are being back doored straight in to China to miners for a couple points over MSRP.

Why bother shipping them all over the world when you can sell them all to a single buyer for slightly over what you were going to ask?

All these shortages make me think that most of these cards are being back doored straight in to China to miners for a couple points over MSRP.

Why bother shipping them all over the world when you can sell them all to a single buyer for slightly over what you were going to ask?
A popular theory these days.

Saw this in my news feed the other day and just smh. I am stretching to justify 6800xt reference models at MSRP (when they become generally available for purchase). Gigabyte (and others) are just out to lunch.

I just got an alert from Amazon saying that a 6800 was in stock, for $1399

Every system builder pretty much. That is where it looks like almost all the stock is going because you can easily buy 30 series cards there.

Every system builder pretty much. That is where it looks like almost all the stock is going because you can easily buy 30 series cards there.

Oh you can? Really? I can go to a system builder and buy just a video card?

Well, they can offer it at 899.. if you buy or not... Different issue.
I guess they see scalpers and realized a lot of people will just pay, pay, pay.

Oh you can? Really? I can go to a system builder and buy just a video card?
That is where the stock is going to.
System builders come before DIY and system builders are being overrun with orders.

I mean you get an entire system for the price you would pay a scalper. It's a steal. /ugh

Become a Patron!
Back