GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE Motherboard Review

Daniel_Doty

"stinger608"
Staff member
aorus_banner.png

Introduction

Today we want to welcome our newest AMD B550 Chipset entrant from GIGABYTE. We have the GIGABYTE AORUS ELITE (rev 1.0) on our test bench in the lab for review. This board currently retails for $159.99 on Amazon, so we can figure this is not in the high-end price point which means it is kind of a budget to a mid-range price point. Within the...

Continue reading...

Nice Review!

For the pictures of the BIOS screens, maybe you could invest in an HDMI to USB Capture device (like one of the cheap Chinesium ones on Amazon) and take screen grabs from that on another machine. Would make for much cleaner photos.

As for the board itself, I'd pass. If I was to get a new board it'd be an X570 and I'd spend the extra few $$.

Thank you for the review though! Always good to see what's available these days!

For the pictures of the BIOS screens, maybe you could invest in an HDMI to USB Capture device (like one of the cheap Chinesium ones on Amazon) and take screen grabs from that on another machine. Would make for much cleaner photos.

That is an awesome suggestion man!!!! I will do exactly that!

And..........Grabbed the one you linked. :p

Last edited:
Nice motherboard and review. Maybe time to upgrade the B350 HTPC. The HTPC case allows up to an ATX size motherboard.

Nice Review!

As for the board itself, I'd pass. If I was to get a new board it'd be an X570 and I'd spend the extra few $$.

Thank you for the review though! Always good to see what's available these days!

There is no need. Most motherboard UEFI BIOSes have a print screen feature. You hit F12 and it outputs the screenshot to an attached USB drive. I haven't used capture cards and all of that bullshit to do BIOS screenshots for over a decade now.

There is no need. Most motherboard UEFI BIOSes have a print screen feature. You hit F12 and it outputs the screenshot to an attached USB drive. I haven't used capture cards and all of that bullshit to do BIOS screenshots for over a decade now.
Always wondered how those screen shots were made.

Well crap, I sure didn't know that could be done in UEFI BIOS!!!!! :oops:

Well, I have tried to use flash drives and external drives. None of them will work.
With the flash drives it just gives me an error that there isn't a supported USB dongle attached.
Using an external drive it won't allow me to use it formatted to NTFS.
Can't seem to format an external to FAT system?
What are you using?

Well, I have tried to use flash drives and external drives. None of them will work.
With the flash drives it just gives me an error that there isn't a supported USB dongle attached.
What are you using?
You really should be able to format to FAT, exFAT, or FAT32.
And that's what the UEFI should be able to write to; pretty much nothing made by anyone other than Microsoft has reliable support for NTFS, if it has any NTFS support at all.

What are you using?

I'm just using a random USB 2 flash drive. I do it all the time. I have been for many years. I think the UEFI print screen feature started appearing in the dawn of the UEFI era with the Z68 chipset based boards. It may even date back even further than that.

Become a Patron!
Back