GIGABYTE B650E AORUS ELITE X AX ICE Motherboard Review

Spencer_E

n00b
Introduction Today we have the GIGABYTE B650E AORUS ELITE X AX ICE on our bench today, this is a somewhat new offering from GIGABYTE. Overall first glance, it is quite an impressive B650E offering from GIGABYTE, starting with the impressive name, to the $230 price tag on NewEgg, to the cooling, this motherboard is by […]

See full article...

nice looks like a winner... though I will wait for the new chipset before I dive in on a refresh myself. :) I want those new USB/TB port options!

Nice looking but $230 is about a hundy more than I have spent on any of my last 3 or 4 mobos. $150 is my top end.

I dunno I've bought a 200+ motherboard. Doesn't bother me when I'm skipping generations and doing a full platform update. Right now on my next refresh cpu and ram will rule the roost in cost. I'd like to get 192 gig. Or at minimum 96.

The name might be a mouthful, but this board is solid. For $230, it's packed with features, and the cooling is top-notch.

Thanks for the detailed review! I've been eyeing the B650E Aorus Elite AX, and it's good to see such a thorough breakdown. The features and performance seem solid for the price. Anyone here already using it? How's the real-world performance holding up, especially with the cooling and overclocking?

Thanks for the detailed review! I've been eyeing the B650E Aorus Elite AX, and it's good to see such a thorough breakdown. The features and performance seem solid for the price. Anyone here already using it? How's the real-world performance holding up, especially with the cooling and overclocking?
I haven't been using it as a daily, however, I can say so far this is probably my personal favorite current-gen AMD board. Even with the cost, it just worked. Cooling was more than adequate, with a case having good airflow and a good chip, I am sure you can get a bit of an overclock going with little issue.

Hi Guy!! sorry for my english but when i read this forum page on this MOBOi have it for one month with an 7800x3d, it work well, many stuff in the bios and not easy to config with this 7800x3d, i spend nearly 40h non stop with a good cup of coffe

the cooling is super and more with an AIO which giving a good air flow and the heatskin are never hot. I try some stability bench-test for hour and the temperature id good.

But i have one question because i found some hidden page in the bios ; i explain :

Normaly, the slide Setting/IO port id like the first picture but when you navigate in the sub-menu of the setting page the IO Port page is transformed to the second and thrid pictures.
In the AMD PBS sub-mune ( and not AMD CBS which is the line just over ) you can tune all the Mobo and the CPU-uncore ( GFX i/o cpu ) each mV and Mhz of each part, you can asynchronse the CPU-FSB from the rest of the mobo ( good for overclocking locked CPU like the beasty 7800x3D )

the pict under

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 2
i don't know if this is a bug or volontary hidden by gigabyte :unsure::unsure: because you have to enter and exit some page in the setting menu to have this page and some line directly touch the CPU feature/fonction 😀like the stock boost speed of the CPU and number of core to boost🤩🥳 but you CAN'T unlock a locked CPU:mad::mad: like the one i've got, the 7800x3D.

I really need to try with an unlocked CPU like 7700X ( not expensive and maybe i burn it 😂 )

I haven't been using it as a daily, however, I can say so far this is probably my personal favorite current-gen AMD board. Even with the cost, it just worked. Cooling was more than adequate, with a case having good airflow and a good chip, I am sure you can get a bit of an overclock going with little issue.
4.jpg
Hi Spencer, in this type of case you have a good air flow
here i've got :
- 5 reverses rgb fan fisrt price on amazon ( 9€ each )
- one fan rgb at the back
- 3 fan on the top of the AIO CoolerMaster
- 3 fan noctua slim over the AIO for a push-pull

the big heat skin of the mofset is really good cooled by the AIO and don't disturb it
i swear to you that i nerver see a mobo so cold in 15 years of gaming/overcloking
i normaly see 55-57°C on the config that i have used on the VMR and Chipset T° in full use but not this one.
in this config the highest T° i saw on the Mobo is 46° on the VMR ; i don't speak of the CPÜ, that another subject

after for the Price, 250€, you have the pcie5.0 ( graphic and 1 SSD M2 ) it take the ryzen 7000 8000 9000 and 2 ssd M2 Pcie4 USB-C.
in the page that i've found there is a feature USB 4.0 !!!!!

in return of experience, i always invest in high Mobo because of the evolution and change all nearly all the 2 years! but not necessary the mobo, as my X470 who have the 1800x and the 5800X she take the 5 first generation of the ryzen, I use it for 4 good years !

In my advice, it's a good invest, i mount it with a 7800x3d which is the best CPU in Gaming. With this you are ready for 2 year before the serie 9000x3d and the future generation of RTx and Amd graphic cards (1-1.5 years )

Become a Patron!
Back