GIGABYTE Filing Confirms NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Revival with 12 GB of Memory

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-angled-close-up-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

NVIDIA’s years-old, Turing-based GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card will soon be making a comeback with a higher amount of memory. This has been inadvertently confirmed by a recent GIGABYTE filing, which reveals that the manufacturer is planning to release at least four models of the card with 12 GB of memory. The original GeForce RTX 2060 and GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER feature 6 GB and 8 GB of GDDR6, respectively.

Image: EEC

From the EEC:

Name of product Graphic processors (video cards) of the GIGABYTE trademark, models: GV-N2060OC-12GD, GV-N2060D6-12GD, GV-N2060WF2OC-12GD...

Continue reading...

So...

They had a bunch of leftover 2060's sitting around they had written off, and want to try to sell them in this crazy market?

So...

They had a bunch of leftover 2060's sitting around they had written off, and want to try to sell them in this crazy market?
I don't know for certain but I heard they actually restarted production of them a few months ago to help fill the production constraints of Ampere on 8nm Samsung, since the TSMC 12nm node the 2060s are made on wasn't at capacity.

If they were just sitting around, it would be cool. If they restarted production (while almost simultaneously cutting production of Ampere) - then I have no words.

2060 FAB should and would not interfere with Ampere FAB if they restarted 2060 FAB.

Become a Patron!
Back