GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6500 XT EAGLE 4G Review

They're stealing it from AMD at TSMC :ROFLMAO:

Still, Intel is probably the only party that can do anything about prices - assuming they bring real availability, they're probably going to want to buy market share by sacrificing margins for their first few 'enthusiast' generation releases, and that's going to put downward pressure on Nvidia and AMD.

Supposing Intel does that, I don't expect them to continue forever as they do very much like their margins, but they may very well help reset prices somewhat.
lol, yep, another TSMC product waiting in line. I would expect Intel to concentrate on OEM builds for ARC first while retail gets the scraps. They have a number of upcoming versions, if any will be on Intel process besides the iGPU versions I do not know. I would hope Intel can take control of their manufacturing process for these, maybe TSMC is just that much better process wise to give a chance for Intel to compete in GPUs.

lol, yep, another TSMC product waiting in line. I would expect Intel to concentrate on OEM builds for ARC first while retail gets the scraps.
I read this sentence with a touch of sadness - I don't want it to be true, but I have to admit that it comes across as entirely plausible.
They have a number of upcoming versions, if any will be on Intel process besides the iGPU versions I do not know. I would hope Intel can take control of their manufacturing process for these, maybe TSMC is just that much better process wise to give a chance for Intel to compete in GPUs.
It's not that Intel can't make the discrete GPUs that they're farming to TSMC, but rather that while Intel is upgrading their own fabs to catch back up in CPU production, TSMC has the better fabrication technology for Intel's GPUs. It probably helps that TSMC has had decades of experience fabbing ATi / Nvidia / AMD GPUs as well.

Whether Intel will dedicate fab capacity in the future toward producing their own discrete GPUs is anyone's guess. I'd think that they'd want to, but they may not know themselves whether that will be more cost efficient than using TSMC or other third-party fabs.

They're stealing it from AMD at TSMC :ROFLMAO:

Still, Intel is probably the only party that can do anything about prices - assuming they bring real availability, they're probably going to want to buy market share by sacrificing margins for their first few 'enthusiast' generation releases, and that's going to put downward pressure on Nvidia and AMD.

Supposing Intel does that, I don't expect them to continue forever as they do very much like their margins, but they may very well help reset prices somewhat.
I don’t think Intel will be our white knight here - so far they have signaled their GPUs will be open for business for mining. Which means just more blood for the blood god.

I don’t think Intel will be our white knight here - so far they have signaled their GPUs will be open for business for mining. Which means just more blood for the blood god.
Maybe Intel can out blood AMD and Nvidia. AMD with TSMC and Nvidia with Samsung at this point is not even coming close to satisfying the demand and also pissing many folks off. Still doubtful TSMC will do much better with Intel.

Maybe Intel can out blood AMD and Nvidia. AMD with TSMC and Nvidia with Samsung at this point is not even coming close to satisfying the demand and also pissing many folks off. Still doubtful TSMC will do much better with Intel.
Nvidia's back to TSMC for the RTX 4000-series too.

I'm wondering when Samsung will pick up another run. They are fabbing AMD GPUs into their new Exynos SoCs, so maybe AMD is willing to take a chance on them for some parts?

Nvidia's back to TSMC for the RTX 4000-series too.

I'm wondering when Samsung will pick up another run. They are fabbing AMD GPUs into their new Exynos SoCs, so maybe AMD is willing to take a chance on them for some parts?
AMD needs to do something to grow, increasing prices and not dramatically the number of chips, hitting a wall so to speak will not go well over time. So yes, Samsung I would think could/should be used on some skews to increase supply.

So... if you consider the current street prices (and forget history) for all currently produced GPUs, the 6500 XT family is priced for its performance right where it should be, assuming that street price ends up in the $200-300 range.

Going by a browsing of sold ebay items, RTX 3060's are selling for $700-800, RX 6600 XTs are selling for about $600 and the 6600 non-XT are selling for $600. Of course, the RTX 3050 is TBD with respect to street pricing. Therefore, in theory, if the street price even settles at $300-350, you're still paying HALF what you would for the next step up, which gives you a choice - Am I OK with low-medium 1080p settings in current AAA titles and high settings for older/low graphics intensive games? Or should I spend twice as much for a better 1080p experience?

If you go by historic prices and market placement, this is a low $100 MSRP card (and I could go on and on about where all of these cards _should_ be priced in the current reality). Unfortunately, this is the reality we've been dealing with for a couple of years and I don't see that changing anytime soon unless maybe the Eth price keeps cratering and stays cratered like it has been this week.
Prices aside, for the moment, just based on the hardware specifications, engineering, and what market this GPU is aimed at, it's wholly under-engineered, with too many cuts for even a dedicated desktop PC gaming video card.

This is backed up by the fact that we now know this was intended as a Laptop GPU, to go alongside an APU which would already have VCE capabilities, and thus only require limited output connections, and limited PCIe bandwidth, again it was meant to go alongside Rembrandt 6000 series APUs.

They basically pushed a Laptop GPU to the extreme to make it a desktop dedicated GPU, wrapped it up in that package, and so, therefore, in that regard, it is completely behind the curve for such a role. It is now backward, with older GPUs offering features it lacks.

This further demonstrates to me the fall of low-end GPUs on the desktop and backs up the idea that this market is fading for new GPU IPs.

Last edited:
The Saphire pulse is now available with an 8GB VRAM option

Would 8gb 6500 XT have less of issues in PCI x3 motherboards as the trips to main memory will decrease due to the increased VRAM capacity !?

Sapphire intros Radeon RX 6500 XT with 8GB memory​

Sapphire Navi 24 gets 8GB memory​

Sapphire introduces Radeon RX 6500 XT entry-level card with 8GB of memory.

Become a Patron!
Back