GIGABYTE Releases AORUS F127Q-P 1440p 165 Hz IPS HDR FreeSync/G-SYNC-Compatible Gaming Monitor

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
AOROUS-F127Q-P-1024x576.png
Image: GIGABYTE

Display technology is one of those components that gamers are constantly on the lookout for. Once you have your chosen means of gaming, whether a console or PC, the next logical step is the display. By far and wide, the 1440p segment has been slow to adopt various features often seen in the 4K tiers. Features such as in-plane switching (IPS) or HDR have been largely missing from the 1440p market up until the last year or so. On the other hand, 1440p has been immensely popular for those seeking high refresh rates without being too demanding on gaming hardware. GIGABYTE has released the AORUS F127Q-P Gaming Monitor, which seeks to fill some of the gaps for those looking for such features.

img05.png
Image: GIGABYTE

Specifications:

Panel...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like a minor improvement over the AQ27QD.
I agree. When I was reading about it in a number of other places, while looking for prices, I noticed similar comparisons elsewhere. Very slowly, but surely, we're getting closer to a 'dream' monitor many would want. The only box this didn't check for me is the HDR brightness. I won't really touch anything under HDR1000 but for those not so concerned with that level of brightness it could be a good option for them. Otherwise its got just about everything else going for it.

I don't use HDR. Makes everything so dim when HDR is not being used.

I've really enjoyed HDR with the Resident Evil remakes and SOTTR. When I played them on the Sony Z9D or LG C3 it was really impressive. Switched over to the P278Q and couldn't believe how washed out they looked by comparison but both of those are essentially HDR 1000(LG right around 1000 but is OLED while the Z9D could actually be considered higher). For games that don't use HDR just about anything suffices but I do have to remember to turn off in Windows or I experience the same as you.

Correction: Meant LG C9 not C3

I almost got one of these but couldn't bring myself to go back to a 27" from a 32" monitor.

Become a Patron!
Back