GIGABYTE Upgrades AORUS GeForce RTX 3080 with a Third 8-Pin PCIe Power Connector

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
gigabyte-aorus-geforce-rtx-3080-master-10g-side-1024x576.jpg
Image: GIGABYTE

GIGABYTE has listed a new version of its custom AORUS GeForce RTX 3080 MASTER 10G graphics card. As noted by momomo_us (via Tom’s Hardware), the main difference in revision 2.0 is the presence of not two but three 8-pin PCIe power connectors and an increased recommended PSU rating of 850 vs. 750 watts. The popular theory is that this revision leverages the same PCB as the AORUS GeForce RTX 3080 XTREME 10G and was introduced mostly as a...

Continue reading...

" The popular theory is that this revision leverages the same PCB as the AORUS GeForce RTX 3080 XTREME 10G and was introduced mostly as a cost-cutting measure. "

LoL......the popular theory is that the entire line up of RTX 3080 is vaporware.

That is interesting. Makes me wonder if they realized the cards were drawing more power than they thought? My Aorus 3090 has been doing okay with my 850w Corsair, but I have thought I may need to up that unit from time to time just to be on the safe side.

Become a Patron!
Back