Gina Carano Fired from The Mandalorian Over Social Media Controversy

I fail to see a distinction between “I’m going to cancel my nfl season pass / season tickets if players kneel” vs “I’m going to cancel my sub / not purchase from x because person got fired” vs “I’m going to cancel my sub not buy from X unless person is fired “. You’ll have to enlighten me with why one is, it is not, cancel culture.
All your examples are voting with your wallet.

Cancel Culture is when a person or group of persons is fired, censored, and/or deplatformed due to the vocal minority. A small cabal of people, usually those who do not even consume the product they are protesting, get together to target people due to their political beliefs. They attack people in very specific ways to instigate bandwagoning in media to the point of putting undue pressure on the company who does business with the person the cabal is attempting to cancel. This is contrary to the idea of catering to the customer. Indeed, there have been examples where monetary support follows those who are canceled instead of those doing the canceling.

All your examples are voting with your wallet.

Cancel Culture is when a person or group of persons is fired, censored, and/or deplatformed due to the vocal minority. A small cabal of people, usually those who do not even consume the product they are protesting, get together to target people due to their political beliefs. They attack people in very specific ways to instigate bandwagoning in media to the point of putting undue pressure on the company who does business with the person the cabal is attempting to cancel. This is contrary to the idea of catering to the customer. Indeed, there have been examples where monetary support follows those who are canceled instead of those doing the canceling.
I’d agree with this - Cancel Culture is about making a political statement, it has nothing to do with the product a company is selling (or the equivalent in the case of public figures and people)

I don’t think it’s necessarily always performed by the same cabal though... there are plenty of examples of it.

"Cancel Culture" is also a over used term by ppl who got their ***** cancelled, for legit reasons.

Cancel culture is as old as the internet. Say some bull, get fired. Happens to normal people all the same ... Even more common, say some bull, don't get.hired and you won't even know.
Cancel culture outrage, is yet another manufactored outrage, in the process of making it a wedge issue.
Oohhhh ahh for political gain all the same!!! For political statements... Scaaaaaryyy... Caaaancel culture.. outrageous!!!
So she said some bull, didn't apologize after asking and asking (as this wasn't the first time I read about her 'controversial' posts.., so oh well, byeeee!.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back