GMail Email Login Issues

IceDigger

Quasi-regular
Do you rely heavily on Googles Gmail email system?

If you do and have had odd glitches recently like…. I can’t login then you are not alone.

It’s nothing you are doing, they were having authentication issues yesterday.

“Description: The issue with authentication to Google App Engine sites, Google Cloud Console, Identity Aware Proxy, and Google OAuth 2.0 endpoints should be resolved for the majority of customers and we expect a full resolution in the near future. We will provide another status update by Monday, 2019-08-19 13:30 US/Pacific with current details.

Workaround: Some customers have reported success attempting to utilize an incognito window under the Chrome browser to login.”
Google
Google Status

Yes, even the big guys have major issues.

This isn't the only problems they've had recently.

A few weeks back I went to work and staff came up to me saying they couldn't access their calendars. At first when I logged into gmail all seemed fine. Calendar was there but then it wasn't. I contacted google support who surprisingly got back to me quickly stating they were aware of the issue and hoped to have it resolved soon. Over the course of around 3-4 hours I saw it come back only to fail again but eventually they had it fixed by mid day. I tried to find work around but nothing substantial, I saw differences between accessing thru phone apps and different browsers but none completely worked until they fixed it.

Become a Patron!
Back