God of War PC Specifications Released, including New Features Trailer Showcasing Improved Visuals and More

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
god-of-war-key-art-title-1024x576.jpg
Image: Santa Monica Studio

Santa Monica Studio has shared the official PC system requirements for what will presumably be the definitive version of its 2018 Norse-inspired blockbuster, God of War.

As noted in a specifications table shared on Steam, God of War fans who want to see Kratos and Atreus at their best (i.e., 4K/60 FPS) will need either an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 or AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics card and an Intel Core i9-9900K or AMD Ryzen 9 3950X processor (or better). The Ultra setting also calls for 16 GB of memory and an SSD with 70 GB of free storage space.

Image: Santa Monica Studio

Today also marks the release of a new God of War...

Continue reading...

Totally looking forward to this and after everything I've heard/seen with the PS version I'm happy to pay full price at launch just for Sony to keep doing more.

I miss Ultra by 4 cores or a '50'

I have not played any in this franchise, what is game play like?

It's melee/ranged (you can throw your axe around) combat, some puzzle solving and some exploration. You can also give your son some comands to help you out a bit. quite enjoyed it on the PS although one of the earlier bosses made me turn difficulty down.

Found the controls to be pretty good for controller play that is.

Seems like the last TRUE hardcore game is finally, legitimately, coming to PC very soon.

IDK how I feel about Ragnarok yet, though, because going off the trailer, it seems like they are about to spin things, for the worst, for this unmatched franchise.

I don't see how they expect to require 16 flipping cores... WTF? I somehow doubt this is a true requirement.

Become a Patron!
Back