God of War Ragnarök and Until Dawn on PC Confirmed to Require PlayStation Accounts

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
At first, the requirement appeared to be limited to games that featured online multiplayer features but God of War Ragnarök and Until Dawn are single-player games. As frustrating as that is for PC owners the greater issue is Sony's lack of support in all regions thus keeping their games from being available to a global market.

See full article...

Not for me, then. I'm not interested enough to create a PS account. I don't need more accounts. I don't need to play these games.

I actually have a PSN account from owning a PS2,3,4 consoles, but I'm still not gonna comply with this on principle. There is absolutely no reason to have an account for single player games.

I'm kind of in agreement. I'm not playing the game on the PlayStation network why do I need a PSN account?

If it wasn't going to be considered anti competitive I would say MS should just buy sony gaming. they clearly have the cash for it if they are looking at buying Steam.

Microsoft doesn't force use of Microsoft/Xbox accounts for their games (unless you're playing online, which uses the Xbox Live servers and matchmaking service), but on the other hand, Sony is willing to put games on GOG. So both of these morons have a lot of room for improvement.

Become a Patron!
Back