Godzilla vs. Kong Could Debut on HBO Max

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
godzilla-vs.-kong-leaked-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Legendary Pictures

Wonder Woman 1984 may not be the only blockbuster from Warner Bros. that’s getting a simultaneous release in both theaters and streaming platforms.

According to an exclusive from The Hollywood Reporter, parent company WarnerMedia is preparing a release of Legendary Pictures’ upcoming monster mash-up, Godzilla vs. Kong, on HBO Max. The decision was purportedly prompted by Netflix, which is said to have offered WarnerMedia $200 million to debut the movie on its own streaming platform.

“[…] Netflix has made an offer of more than $200 million for the film while WarnerMedia has blocked the deal while preparing an offer of its own for its streamer, HBO...

Continue reading...

I might actually subscribe for that one. I've been waiting on this flick for a while.

Hopefully they'll add 4K HDR support soon, as I'm ready to drop Netflix for HBO Max. The streaming quality on Netflix is really the only reason I'm keeping it around at this point.

Hopefully they'll add 4K HDR support soon, as I'm ready to drop Netflix for HBO Max. The streaming quality on Netflix is really the only reason I'm keeping it around at this point.
Totally agree. At the very least HBO Max could incorporate Dolby Vision for select titles like CBS Access does since it's not resolution-dependent. HBO Max is shaping up to be a cool thing but the limited a/v options are a bummer.

Hopefully its as entertaining as the original.

Btw, there is no winner
I take that back. If the fight happens in California.... Maybe there is a winner, but not between Godzilla or King Kong.

Fighting is not the solution....

Become a Patron!
Back