Godzilla vs. Kong’s First Trailer Is Here

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
godzilla-vs.-kong-banner-1024x576.jpg
Image: Warner Bros.

Warner Bros. has released the first trailer for its upcoming monster mash-up, Godzilla vs. Kong, which pits two of the world’s most iconic kaiju against one another as they face off across cities and oceans to determine which is the biggest and baddest of them all. The footage seems to suggest that Godzilla will take on a villainous role this time around, but we have a heavy suspicion that he’ll team up with Kong by the end of the film to take on a more serious threat.

“Legends collide in Godzilla vs. Kong as these mythic adversaries meet in a spectacular battle for the ages, with the fate of the world hanging in the balance,” a synopsis reads. “Kong and his protectors undertake a perilous journey to find his true home, and with them is Jia, a young orphaned girl with whom he has formed a...

Continue reading...

Looking forward to this. Re-watched Kong: Skull Island this weekend. Popcorn flic for sure and it was fun to see S. Jackson as Captain Ahab. Mostly liked Godzilla: King of Monsters so this does have some potential.

Tomorrow! I shall have it before I leave town for work on Wed.

They did a good job with the trailers to keep the story line quiet. If by the first 8 min you don't have an idea what's going down.....

Gonna enjoy a 1974 Michelob Gold and watch the rest....

I said too much!!

I'd like it better if it was just the monsters, since that was the good part of the movie.

I was hoping the complete human cast was eaten/killed by Godzilla from the start. No one would miss them.

At least there was no "Save Martha" moment, if you catch my drift... ;) ;)

BTW if you are willing to risk your life or have already been vaccinated, this one deseves a big screen to fully appreciate it.

BTW if you are willing to risk your life or have already been vaccinated, this one deseves a big screen to fully appreciate it.
I saw it on a 50". I'm good, but I could see watching this on the Imax screen would be ok. The old AMC Fork and Screen with a few beers and a hot sammich.

Mmmmm, hot beer sammich......

Makes me glad I've got a 4K HDR projector and decent wall/paint that allows us to see it around 200". We started it on the C9 the other night and stopped halfway because you could really tell it's the kind of movie that would benefit from a larger size. Hopefully we'll start over tonight.

Well, I was too tired for the wall last night. It'll happen at some point. Tried to finish watching it last night after finishing the Snyder Cut and dozed off right before the final battle. Overall liking it. It's different and definitely has the Godzilla spirit. I like how they've managed to keep elements from nearly all the generations of Godzilla with this and the previous one. I'm a little on the fence with the writing for Kong but hey, at least they're trying to do something with the character. One I'll absolutely get on 4K disc when it comes out.

Become a Patron!
Back