GOG Is Giving Away 30 Free Games

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
gog-logo-purple-space-1024x576.jpg
Image: GOG

GOG is currently offering 30 free games from its growing collection of DRM-free titles to help gamers relax and pass time at home.

The free games collection includes a number of classics such as Shadow Warrior Classic Complete (a bundle of the original 3D Realms shooter and its two expansions) and POSTAL: Classic and Uncut, as well as more modern titles such as CD PROJEKT RED’s GWENT: The Witcher Card Game. It doesn’t appear that GOG has listed an end date for this promotion, but it’s an excellent opportunity for GOG users to grow their DRM-free game libraries and collection on the company’s launcher, GOG Galaxy.

Free Games Collection:

SymphoniaLoriaOpenTTDSamorost 1War WindAscendantDelores: A Thimbleweed Park Mini-AdventureAkalabeth: World of DoomBeneath a Steel SkyBio MenaceCAYNEDoomdark’s RevengeEschalon: Book IFlight of the Amazon QueenGWENT: The Witcher...

Continue reading...

Picked up the Ultima games that were free.. Haven't played them my late 80's..

Giving away free games? Shouldn't that be giving away games for free? I mean if a game is already free how is it a giveaway? I don't know about the rest but I know for a fact that OpenTTD is a free open source title for example. Unless they are including the original TTDX assets with it.

I've only heard of a handful of those titles. I've only played a couple of the games on that list.

I started looking down the list...

don't know this one, don't know that one, and then all of a sudden I had to do a double take...

Beneath a Steel Sky? Wow. that's a blast from the past. Are we talking the original DOS adventure title from back in the day, or did someone release a remake or something?

Yeah... I think these are just the DOS games packaged in DosBox. At least Ultima 4 was basically set to run in DosBox.

So can someone list out the ones that are WORTH getting here? I don't want to add them all to my library and it seems a bit tedious to do it in the GOG store app.

So can someone list out the ones that are WORTH getting here? I don't want to add them all to my library and it seems a bit tedious to do it in the GOG store app.

I mean, at this point, are any of them really worth it, except for the nostalgia factor?

At least that is the case for all the titles I recognize (which granted isn't many of them)

I mean, at this point, are any of them really worth it, except for the nostalgia factor?

At least that is the case for all the titles I recognize (which granted isn't many of them)
I think, probably not. Just for nostalgia. I tried playing Tie fighter in a tiny window (which is the only way it doesn't look god awful on modern resolutions) and it was meh. Maybe for an old laptop....

I think, probably not. Just for nostalgia. I tried playing Tie fighter in a tiny window (which is the only way it doesn't look god awful on modern resolutions) and it was meh. Maybe for an old laptop....

Maye1:1 scaling? It would be pixelated, but it was originally, so...

Become a Patron!
Back