Google Announces ChatGPT Competitor, Bard

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Proponents of ChatGPT have argued that OpenAI's chatbot will ultimately grow intelligent enough to kill off Google, so it may come as no surprise that the search giant has already been hard at work on its own version. Announced by Sundar Pichai (CEO of Google and holding company Alphabet) in a message titled "An important next step on our AI journey" today, Bard is an experimental conversational AI service in development at Google that, while not directly referenced by the executive, is clearly meant to be a rival to ChatGPT, enabling similar benefits that include quick answers to just about any question that a user might have in mind. Bard is powered by Language Model for Dialogue Applications (LaMDA), a family of conversational neural language models that Google announced in 2021.

See full article...

It scares me that search engines are getting replaced by algorithms and ais. The Youtube search engine is already so algorithmized that it is incapable of returning any relevant results. It doesn't show you what you search for it shows you what's trending and gets clicks, even if that thing has less than 50% approval. They might have hidden dislikes but there are still ways to get an idea of those figures.

Feed me mindless drivel filled with hot girls.

Here watch *name internet celebrity*

Thank you... now I need drinks high in sodium... no reason.

Because advertisement is so integral to Google's business model, will the chat bot also ask, "Do you want fries with that?"

Because advertisement is so integral to Google's business model, will the chat bot also ask, "Do you want fries with that?"
It won’t start with That, of course. They will make a truly useful tool first, then ruin it with ads. Kind of like how the Amazon product search used to be.

Become a Patron!
Back