Google Introduces New Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro Smartphones, including Pixel Watch

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Google has launched its new collection of Pixel devices in the form of the Pixel 7, Pixel 7 Pro, and Pixel Watch.

Go to post

I need a P7. So I guess I'll get one. Time to retire the P3

I just don't see the appeal of these new high end models.

I don't want any of the assistant or AI bullshit, so I don't need their tensor chip crap, and that camera bump/bar is atrocious.

I also have no desire to ever own a set of wireless earbuds, and don't want to have to choose between charging and using earbuds, so the fact that it lacks a 3.5mm jack is a non-starter for me.

Well, maybe not. Truth is, I can't remember the last time I used a set of earbuds (wireless or otherwise) with my phone. I simply don't listen to music or watch videos when I am on the go. I do that **** in the comfort of my home at my computer. So, if I used earbuds, the lack of a 3.5mm jack would be an issue, but I just don't.

I miss being able to plug the phone into my little amp in the kitchen to play music more.

I'm a bit disappointed the 6a does not have a 3.5mm jack. I'm hoping they reverse course on that with the 7a, but I guess chances are slim.

Honestly, I don't understand why wireless earbuds are even a thing. The phone is going to be on your person anyway, as are the earbuds. of what benefit is being wireless? And in exchange it just causes a lot of trouble. ****ty sound quality of bluetooth, connectivity issues, the ease with which one can lose an earbud, having to make sure the earbuds are charged, the cost of paying for stupid wireless earbuds, the list goes on.

If you could reliably get adapters that would allow you to charge and use wired audio output at the same time this would be less of an issue, but for some reason this is pretty hard. The entire time I had my Pixel 3 I could never find a working solution for this.

My 5a is treating me well. I am happy with it, and will hold on to it, probably until the next a variant comes out. Hopefully they will follow the recent trend of making the a variants less stupid than the high end models.

Last edited:
The 6's were garbage. My wife went through 2 Pro's before getting her money back. I'm hoping these 7's are much better so that she can retire her 3aXL and I can upgrade from my 5. Not really anything wrong with my 5, but I don't keep phones long.

Honestly, I don't understand why wireless earbuds are even a thing. The phone is going to be on your person anyway, as are the earbuds. of what benefit is being wireless?
A) Keeping the phone in your pocket
B) noise blocking / cancellation
C) Wires not getting tangled on hoods / sunglasses/ backpacks / doors / etc

Does the sound suck? Yeah. But when you are riding the bus or on a plane - it’s better than the kids screaming or dude snoring

I don't hear a difference between wireless and wired ear buds. None. Maybe because my ears rings 24/7/365 and have reduced hearing capacity from all the grenades and fully automatic rifle fire I've endured over the years.

I'm on Google Fi. The 7 is only 499. Which I think is a good deal.

Call me crazy, but I kind of like the a series better irrespective of price.

I'd personally probably pay more for a 6a than a 7 if I had to.

A) Keeping the phone in your pocket
B) noise blocking / cancellation
C) Wires not getting tangled on hoods / sunglasses/ backpacks / doors / etc

Does the sound suck? Yeah. But when you are riding the bus or on a plane - it’s better than the kids screaming or dude snoring

I guess I've just never found having a subtle wire running up from my pocket to my head to be even the remotest inconvenience.

To me having to worry about charging and pairing is a WAY bigger problem than some silly little wire.

To me having to worry about charging and pairing is a WAY bigger problem than some silly little wire.
I never really had issues with either of those - I don't use them long enough to drain entirely in one go, and they recharge when you stick them back in their case, and pairing them was painless and I've never had to do it more than the first time. I won't argue they have great audio quality - they don't, but they fit well enough that i use them while mowing, cutting wood, etc for blocking noise.

*edit* oh, and the wire - If I wear normal headphones snag it on every **** thing you can imagine.

So I dunno - to each their own.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back