Google Pixel Fold Tipped for June Launch as Pixel 8, Pixel 8 Pro Designs Leak Out

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Google fans have a bunch of foldable smartphones they can pick from on today's market, but soon, the choice should be much easier. According to sources with WinFuture, Google is planning to announce its first foldable smartphone, the Google Pixel Fold, during its Google I/O developer conference ahead of a June release, and while that event isn't scheduled to begin until May 10, a gallery of images that HowToiSolve and @OnLeaks shared last month can seemingly confirm exactly what it will look like. Users can expect a design that falls in line with the recent Pixel phones, which are easily recognized by their camera bar. Separate leaks that tease the design of Google's new Pixel 8 phones would suggest that this bar is here to stay.

See full article...

I wish they would make another Pixel the same size as the 5. It's the perfect size, in my opinion. All these massive phones don't do anything for me. I can stick my 5 in my pocket and not know it's there. Meanwhile my wife's 7 Pro is ridiculous.

Are people actually buying these folding devices?

I was convinced they were just a gimmick.

I'm probably going to be looking at a Pixel 7a when it launches, but I really don't like the direction Google is going with its devices.

Only problem is, I don't like any of the other phones on the market either...

I just want a basic smartphone that respects my privacy, and doesn't have any AI/Assistant nonsense.

I wouldn't mind external storage and analog audio out, as well as the rear finger print scanner, but I guess none of those are ever coming back at this point, despite just about everyone wanting them.

Just goes to show it's a broken market, because in a market that works, the customer gets what they want at a competitive price.

I wouldn't mind a device that folds -- something that can still fit comfortably in my pocket but has a bigger screen, on paper, sounds like a winner.

A device where the screen literally folds - sounds like a nightmare.

Something like the now-dead Surface Duo actually looked pretty good. I can live with a hinge in the middle - after all, the 3DS did it, and I can live with a notch now.

The fold 4 works really well. When actually using the device you really can't see the hinge area at all.

The fold 4 works really well. When actually using the device you really can't see the hinge area at all.
That’s one where the screen itself folds with a crease? Not sure I would want that and not convinced about longevity there.

That’s one where the screen itself folds with a crease? Not sure I would want that and not convinced about longevity there.
I got one I can say 100% when you're facing the screen and using it you don't notice a 'crease' or 'fold' 99% of the time. If you have a bright light from an off angle it will show up or if you are viewing it off angle it will show up but even then it isn't disruptive.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ... it's a duck.

Looks and sounds like a gimmick to me, too.
As a forum member here I have a Galaxy fold 4 and am still getting used to it. So far so good. Though I do wish it had a built in S-Pen.

Become a Patron!
Back