• We're doing a weekly newsletter recap - if you want this for your inbox, sign up here - http://eepurl.com/gLrSUj

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Image: Google

When Google Stadia launched, the only smartphones that the game-streaming service supported were the company’s own family of Pixel devices. That changes later this week.

Beginning February 20, Google Stadia will support a range of smartphones from ASUS, Razer, and Samsung. The majority of these are Galaxy devices, which stretch from the S8 to the brand-new S20.

Here’s the complete list:

Samsung Galaxy S8Samsung Galaxy S8+Samsung Galaxy S8 ActiveSamsung Galaxy Note8Samsung Galaxy S9Samsung Galaxy S9+Samsung Galaxy Note9Samsung Galaxy S10Samsung Galaxy S10ESamsung Galaxy S10+Samsung Galaxy Note10Samsung Galaxy Note10+Samsung Galaxy S20Samsung Galaxy S20+Samsung Galaxy S20 UltraRazer PhoneRazer Phone 2ASUS ROG...
Continue reading...

Brian_B

Semi-regular
I just don’t understand Stadia’s roll out strategy

Grimlakin

Semi-regular
Why would I want to play my high end computer game on the smallest screen I can find, and especially one without adequate controls? Anyone?

xGryfter

n00b
I've never been able to figure this out. I could see this being used by people who travel a lot and streaming to something like a laptop or even a large tablet but overall I just don't get it, especially taking into account the cost and commitment to a single unreliable platform. At least with nVidia's service you "own" the games on platforms that will allow you to play properly (non-streaming) elsewhere.

Become a Patron!