Google's Cloud-Gaming Console, Stadia, Arrives on November 19

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The viability of cloud gaming will be tested next month. During today's hardware event, Google also revealed that the Stadia Founder's Edition will ship November 19, 2019. Lucky owners will be able to download and play select titles, such as Red Dead Redemption 2 and Mortal Kombat 11, at 9AM PST/5PM BST/6PM CET.

Whether you ordered Stadia Founder’s Edition or Premiere Edition, you’ll have three months of Stadia Pro, with access to Destiny 2: The Collection. Using the included Chromecast Ultra and Stadia Controller, you’ll be gaming in up to 4K HDR with 5.1 surround sound when playing on your TV.

This is interesting but still a big meh. I hope college kids with amazing connections and no budget for a gaming system can have this and use it.

I'm interested to see how latency-sensitive (multiplayer) will play out... feeling skeptical.

Headline says "cloud gaming console"......really no console about this, simply a wireless dongle and a controller.

This is really the absolute realization of the Phantom Console of yesteryear......if you are a former HardOCP follower you'll remember that crazy stuff.

It sounds interesting, but I think really dependant on super fast connections and wireless.

Day one customer if it was Netflix, all in gaming.. buts its not.

If any company has the infrastructure to make cloud based gaming work it's Google. They have datacenters everywhere with retarded amounts of processing power and ridiculous amounts of bandwidth between datacenters. Just about everywhere in mainland U.S. has sub 30ms pings to a google datacenter. With 1-2ms latency between datacenters the lag issue will be input. Interested to see how this shakes out.

You think Google would release something like this without testing it, knowing it's going to get picked apart by reviewers all over the place?

You think Google would release something like this without testing it, knowing it's going to get picked apart by reviewers all over the place?

This is Google. That is exactly what I expect.

I also expect it to be canceled in 2-4 years. Not because I don't believe in streaming games, but again, because this is Google, and that's what they do.

Become a Patron!
Back