GPU Market Shipments Reach 119 Million Units in Q1 2021, a Nearly 40 Percent Increase Year-over-Year

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

Jon Peddie Research has published a new research report showing that the GPU market managed to reach 119 million units in Q1’21—a notable increase of 38.74 percent year-over-year. NVIDIA’s market share increased by 0.62 percent in the last quarter, while AMD and Intel’s market share decreased by .12 percent and .5 percent, respectively. Owing to its iGPUs, Intel continued its reign in the overall PC GPU market with 68.18 percent vendor market share for Q1’21.

Image: Jon Peddie Research

Q1’20Q4’20Q1’21AMD25%18%19%Intel0%0%0%Nvidia75%82%81%PC dGPU shipment market shares

The first quarter is typically...

Continue reading...

I don't understand, this includes igpus? Whats the point, any device with a screen requires video. I looked at the ' research' and was confused. Read like nonsense to me if I'm honest.

I don't understand, this includes igpus? Whats the point, any device with a screen requires video. I looked at the ' research' and was confused. Read like nonsense to me if I'm honest.
Yeah … that’s how Intel has always been “the largest volume” GPU manufactuerer

These numbers do nothing to specify Markey segment. How about. Breaking it out by gpu type and generation? Integrated gpus. X percentage. Current generation business gpus x percentage. Last gen and 2x or more generation old new gpus. Then do the same for the consumer market segment.

Problem is no company wants to expose those metrics today.

Oh and what market actually.bought those gpus.

Become a Patron!
Back