Grab Metro: 2033 Redux for Free on the Epic Games Store

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
metro-2033-redux-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: 4A Games

Today’s Epic Games Store freebie is 4A Games’ post-apocalyptic FPS, Metro 2033 Redux. Built on the same engine used for Metro: Last Light (2013), this is a complete remaster of the 2010 classic featuring upgraded graphics, new voice acting, user interface changes, new difficulty modes, and much more.

“In 2013, the world was devastated by an apocalyptic event, annihilating almost all mankind and turning the earth’s surface into a poisonous wasteland,” a synopsis reads. “A handful of survivors took refuge in the depths of the Moscow underground, and human civilization entered a new Dark Age.”

Some Metro fans have argued that Metro 2033 Redux changed the original game’s atmosphere for the worse, but you can decide for...

Continue reading...

Nope.

Nothing will convince me to install that trash client from that morally depraved company on my computer.

Nothing.

Ive played every Metro game.
2033 Redux is very well done. Its worth the free price even if you have to use Epic....but yes their client is bad.
I think I bought it from Steam holiday sale for 5 bucks.
Very well worth the money to get and mant times it will be packaged with LastLight Redux which is also excellent.

List of all games

17th dec. - Cities Skyline (done)
18th dec. - Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
19th dec. - The long Dark
20th dec. - Defence Grid
21st dec. - Alien Isolation
22nd dec. - Metro 2033 Redux
23rd dec. - Tropico 5
24th dec. - Inside
25th dec. - Darkest Dungeon
26th dec. - Time in Portia
27th dec. - Night in the Woods
28th dec. - Stranded Deep
29th dec. - Solitairica
30th dec. - Torchlight 2
31st dec. - Jurassic World Evolution

Its worth the free price even if you have to use Epic....but yes their client is bad.

For me it isn't even about the money, or about how good or bad the client is. I already own these, but if I didn't, I'd rather pay on Steam than get it free on Epic in large part because I don't want to reward their ****ty bribed exclusionary policies.

The moment they did that, I swore off ever using them no matter what.

Epic is public enemy #1 as far as I am concerned.

There is no exclusive and no freebie, and absolutely nothing ever at all that could persuade me to reward them by installing their ****.

Market manipulators must die, and even if I can't kill them myself, at least I can not support them.

Become a Patron!
Back