Gran Turismo 7 Adds PS VR2 Support, New Time-Limited Event with “Superhuman” AI

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Sony has been developing a new AI for Gran Turismo dubbed "Sophy" that is supposedly close to impossible to defeat, and soon, players will be able to test that claim out for themselves. According to a new post on the PlayStation blog, Gran Turismo 7 is getting a new update (1.29) that not only includes a PS VR2 upgrade, a classic GT track, and five new cars, but also the opportunity to tackle what's being described as a superhuman AI in a new, time-limited Race Together mode. This special mode is exclusive to the PS5 version of the racer and will be available beginning this Tuesday, February 21, until the end of March.

See full article...

I think vehicle based games (Like driving, flight sims, etc.) are a great application for VR, as you don't have the same movement problems you do with the likes of a first person shooter.

But no games are great with time limited events. I'm glad I'm rid of this game.

Can you explain what you mean? I don't know what "time limited events" means in this context.
A time limited event is a game mode, level or mission, that you can only play before a specific date, after that it is removed from the game. It is the most sinister live service feature, purely designed to bump concurrent player count (and in game spending) by exploiting fomo.

A time limited event is a game mode, level or mission, that you can only play before a specific date, after that it is removed from the game. It is the most sinister live service feature, purely designed to bump concurrent player count (and in game spending) by exploiting fomo.

Yeah, that sounds awful.

I've never run into that, and it would piss me off if I did.

Become a Patron!
Back