Grand Theft Auto VI to Feature Female Main Character, Fictionalized Version of Miami: Report

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
New details for Grand Theft Auto VI have surfaced as part of a new report shared today by Bloomberg that explains how Rockstar Games "cleaned up its frat-boy culture."

Go to post

As long as I can give my female character a rocking body and have her kick *** in short tight skirts and halter tops... what the heck do I care?

Wait is that the wrong message to take here?

Give players the OPTION to play the character they want to play. THEN go from there. Have appropriate (or inappropriate) reactions based on how you build/play the character and roll with it.

Want to play a super hot badass chick who looks like she could be on a Bruckhimer set yet kicks butt like Rambo. Then deal with all of the crappy social interactions they would get... including dick pick text messages. Yea it might be funny... but maybe it would wake up a few Bro's as well.

Play an ugly chick who still kicks *** and find yourself socially invisible in game except for specific types of locals that cater to your character type.

That sort of thing. The message isn't to EXCLUDE beauty but to show the price and how bad behavior ruins it.

Of course that would never fly with the SJW's of the world because it sets unrealistic expectations... Because they never actually play the **** games. You know like Mass Effect where you could do horrible things to all of your crew sexually. Yea that turned out to be a bucket of stupid.

I'm all in favor of inclusivity in these things, but the way to do it is how they did it in Cyberpunk.

Dual (or more) voice actor tracks, and a character designer that lets you choose gender, skin color, etc. That way everyone can play a character they can identify with.

It's a little bit more work, but I think it results in a much better title.

Some would say that they gone woke, but many people have demanded a female protagonist as far back as San Andreas.

I think the way GTA games are written it doesn't really work with a fully customizable character.
That said I'd love nothing more than a GTA RPG, with full customization, but that's not what GTA has ever been.

Some would say that they gone woke, but many people have demanded a female protagonist as far back as San Andreas.

I think the way GTA games are written it doesn't really work with a fully customizable character.
That said I'd love nothing more than a GTA RPG, with full customization, but that's not what GTA has ever been.

I haven't played a GTA game since Vice City, so I am a little hazy, but if it works with Cyberpunk, I don't see how you couldn't make it work in GTA.

I mean Cyberpunk 2077 is essentially a Cyberpunk themed GTA game.

Last edited:
I haven't played a GTA game since Vice City, so I am a little hazy, but if it works with Cyberpunk, I don't see how you couldn't make it work in GTA.
Gta games are much more a crime movie and shot/voiced in that manner. Having different genders of 0payabke protagonists will invariably screw that up for the writers.

Gta games are much more a crime movie and shot/voiced in that manner. Having different genders of 0payabke protagonists will invariably screw that up for the writers.
It would be a little bit more work for sure, but you just create similar parallel mission scenes that are triggered depending on which gender you are playing. There would essentially be two versions of each of at least the more complex missions (the simpler missions may not need any changes at all)

I'm all in favor of inclusivity in these things, but the way to do it is how they did it in Cyberpunk.

Dual (or more) voice actor tracks, and a character designer that lets you choose gender, skin color, etc. That way everyone can play a character they can identify with.

It's a little bit more work, but I think it results in a much better title.
OK sure. But in CP it doesn't matter what your character is, since you play 1st person and you only see yourself when you look in a mirror (or toggle 3rd person view on a motorcycle). Wait, did V even speak in CP?

I'd say more like Mass Effect. Femshep was very well done and voiced perfectly.

I mean Cyberpunk 2077 is essentially a Cyberpunk themed GTA game.
GTA is an action game with a very strictly linear and predetermined story that is written for a specific set of player characters, and there is no customization, not even skills to upgrade, as the controlled characters all have a very specific set of abilities you must take advantage of.

Cyberpunk is an RPG with all that entails. The story is written so almost every conversation has multiple variations and outcomes based on your character and choices.

Become a Patron!
Back