GTA V Developer Claims That DLC Was Scrapped Due to the Overwhelming Success of GTA Online

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
A GTA V developer has said that GTA Online "was so much of a cash cow" that it no longer made sense for Rockstar to pursue developing DLC. Senior camera artist and virtual cinematographer Joseph Rubino shared in a recent interview how Rockstar had begun developing DLC for GTA V but the revenue flow for GTA Online gave reason for a new strategy with the added content.

See full article...

I don't even know how does GTA online makes money. People actually buy those shark cards?

I have yet to play any GTA game. Never really interested me.
This is the only one I've messed with and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. For years I used the canned bench for testing rig upgrades because as a pre-RT bench, it was fairly decent. It probably took 3-4 years before I really put time into playing it and maybe got 30-40% of the way in before I stopped altogether. I mainly liked it for driving around and listening to the radio while enjoying the environmental graphics. Other than that though, I'm not much into these types of stories but the detailed city-West Coast sandbox was kind of cool. I'd say that no matter how good the next one is said to be I doubt I'll be getting it.

I love a good crime/heist movie. And have enjoyed the single player GTA games for that aspect. I'll continue to try the next one until it runs off the rails.

Become a Patron!
Back