Guardians of the Galaxy 3 to Begin Filming This Year

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
guardians-of-the-galaxy-key-art-group-1024x576.jpg
Image: Marvel Studios

Marvel Studios will begin shooting the third installment of its incredibly popular Guardians of the Galaxy film franchise later this year. The news comes straight from the Twitter account of director James Gunn, who helmed the original two movies and is currently working on The Suicide Squad for Warner Bros. In addition to Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Gunn will have his hands full developing not only a Peacemaker TV spinoff with John Cena but a Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday TV special and Disney parks ride.

This year.— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) April 4, 2021

Guardians 3 will be years of working seven days a week on two movies, a TV series, a TV special, a Disney parks ride & more. I have no plans for anything after that & hope to refrain from...

Continue reading...

I thought they canned Gunn after b/c of something he tweeted two decades ago?

I'm glad he's back in the helm of this series of movies. He's done great and I don't expect anything else from him at this point.

I specifically clicked this thread to see if it was him directing it or someone else. I'm glad it's him!

I thought they canned Gunn after b/c of something he tweeted two decades ago?
They worked things out and rehired him sometime before COVID started. If not for that they probably would've started shooting last year.

That is way too much for one dude to do simultaneously. He's either going to burn out or we're going to wind up with some half a$$ efforts all the way around. Pick your battles man.

Become a Patron!
Back