Hacker Gains Access to Family's Ring Security Camera, Tells Little Girl He's Santa Claus

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Remember, your security camera is only as secure as its password. In what appears to be the fourth incident this week involving Ring devices, a Mississippi mother got a good scare when someone "hacked" into her cam and harassed her 8-year-old daughter, telling her that he was Santa Claus and to destroy her room. Ring has blamed the incident on insecure passwords and the lack of two-factor authentication.

The Ring camera footage, obtained by WMC, shows Alyssa standing nervously in her room while Tiny Tim's rendition of "Tiptoe through the Tulips," a warbling song featured in the horror movie "Insidious," plays over the camera's speaker. "Who is that," Alyssa asks, after a man's voice fills her room. "I'm your best friend. I'm Santa Claus," the voice says. "I'm Santa Claus. Don't you want to be my best friend?"

Tell your kid lies about a fat man giving out free ****, expect stupid rewards. "Smart" devices, stupid people.

Become a Patron!
Back