Halo Composer Marty O’Donnell Tells Fans to “Destroy” Previously Shared Destiny Music In Court-Ordered Video

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
the-music-of-destiny-volume-one-vinyl-box-set-1024x576.jpg
Image: Bungie

Marty O’Donnell, the legendary game music composer behind most of the Halo soundtracks, has published a video telling fans to “destroy” any of the Destiny music that he graciously shared in 2019 following his bitter exit from Bungie and Activision. The video was mandated by King County Superior Court, which determined earlier this year that O’Donnell violated the terms of a previous lawsuit when he uploaded videos of Music of the Spheres, an ambitious, eight-part score that Bungie ultimately released in 2018 following a leak. O’Donnell has also been ordered to pay his ex-employer back tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees.

“I do not have, and have not had since at least April 2014, the legal authority to possess or distribute non-commercially available material related to Destiny or Music of the Spheres (including material I...

Continue reading...

BC I secretly listen to Destiny soundtrack when I'm not playing Destiny? ???

Some games have really awesome soundtracks.

I haven't played Destiny in a while - I recall it being decent, but not "rock out in the car" good.

FFXIV has a OST that I do listen to outside of the game from time to time, I'm sure other people have some games they listen to on occasion.

Can't say I've ever listened to game music outside of a game.

Usually the first thing i do when firing up a new game is turn the music volume to zero.

Become a Patron!
Back