Halo Infinite’s Campaign Missions Can’t Be Replayed without Starting Over, but 343 Industries Has Promised a Fix

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
halo-infinite-master-chief-side-profile-assault-rifle-on-back-1024x576.jpg
Image: 343 Industries

The Halo franchise has typically allowed players to revisit its games’ numerous single-player levels without starting from the beginning after clearing their respective campaign modes, but for reasons that seemingly have to do with open-world design, 343 Industries is breaking that tradition with the upcoming release of its latest installment, Halo Infinite.

Luckily, 343 Industries has already heard the complaints of long-time Halo players loud and clear. Associate creative director Paul Crocker confirmed to The Verge in a recent interview that an update was on the way, although it remains unclear when that might be arriving.

“We haven’t announced a date but that is being worked on,” Crocker said.

“We want to have replay that works well, and when you have a more open game, it gets a lot trickier,” he added...

Continue reading...

"

Halo Infinite’s Campaign Missions Can’t Be Replayed without Starting Over"​

Ah, back to the good old days!

Man, the hits keep coming with this game huh? Did anyone who worked on this game work on MCC? How do you have a good menu system like with MCC and then not try to at least replicate some of that with the newest Halo game?
yeah yeah ... what about split screen co-op though?
Not until at least Spring 2022 I think. Sh1t should've been there at launch. Still waiting for MCC on PC to get it. It's like they didn't even hear the complaints with Halo 5.

Ah, back to the good old days!
Was that how it was with Halo 1 on Xbox? I started with Gearbox's PC port of Halo 1, and that version allowed us to freely replay any campaign level we wanted. It also let us permanently save checkpoints, which no later Halo game has ever done (not even Anniversary).

Was that how it was with Halo 1 on Xbox? I started with Gearbox's PC port of Halo 1, and that version allowed us to freely replay any campaign level we wanted. It also let us permanently save checkpoints, which no later Halo game has ever done (not even Anniversary).

Nah, more like the 8 bit and earlier days.

When I first started playing Halo, I used Gearbox's PC port, which allowed us to repeat any campaign level we wanted. That's something no later Halo game has ever been able to achieve (not even Anniversary). If Halo Infinite Campaign Not Working or responding then I suggest you to follow Google search Like I did.

That's something no later Halo game has ever been able to achieve (not even Anniversary).
I coulda sworn the X360 version of Halo 1 Anniversary let us replay levels, and I know Reach on X360 did (and I think ODST too). Every game in Halo MCC lets you do that as well.

I can think of a lot of games where you can't replay levels. Why is this such a big deal on Halo?

Why is this such a big deal on Halo?
Cuz sometimes you don't feel like replaying the entire campaign just to replay a level or 2 you like for fun. The Halo games are the kinds of games where sometimes you wanna just replay an awesome mission you've had a lot of fun with in the past. I have done that countless times. I do that with a lot of games, from Bayonetta to Doom. It's pretty sh1tty when games like Far Cry 3 won't let you replay individual story missions. I can think of quite a few missions in FC3 I'd like to replay for fun, but there's no way to do that (unless you have a save file before the mission you want to replay). It really depends on the game. Some games it doesn't matter, other games it'd be really nice to have.

Become a Patron!
Back