Halo: Reach PC Beta Begins Next Week for Select Halo Insiders

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Halo fans who couldn't get to E3 will get their chance to test out the PC version of Halo: Reach very soon. 343 Industries has announced that its first beta will begin next week for a small subsection of registered Halo Insiders.

The developer warns that the beta still has a chance of being delayed, but it is working hard on the current build to make sure that doesn't happen. The demo will be similar to the one that E3 attendees got to play earlier this month ("Tip of the Spear").

Since there are so many pieces and levers that need testing, verification, and appropriate approvals, we need to take our time to ensure we're sending out a quality flight to our Halo Insiders. The team has a build which appears to be a strong candidate, but it's still in the middle of going through the test process as I type (and as you read). That said, we're still targeting to release next week and will be sharing the details with the public, so even if you aren't selected for the flight, you'll know what's happening.

I signed up for this on PC. We'll see if I get in.

Reach was one of the Halo games I played multiple times. PC version would be great if they keep the coop play the same.

PC version would be great if they keep the coop play the same
Or better yet, take that online-only 4P co-op and have it support LAN too. Splitscreen on PC as well. I won't ask for more than 4P co-op cuz that would break the game design I'm sure. Serious Sam still got us covered with the high player counts for co-op.

As someone who cannot stand using a controller for FPS games, I have played all the Halo games a ton of times over the years, both by myself and in co-op. Original versions and Anniversary/MCC versions. Even online multiplayer a few rare times. Used to do 4P ODST and Reach co-op playthroughs after-hours at the office. Will be great to finally enjoy them on PC with proper controls, especially Reach and ODST. I don't own all the Halo games, but Reach is definitely one of them (it was Bungie's last Halo game, I had to grab it).

Just last year I was messing around with the Gearbox PC version again, and the Project Cartographer version of Halo 2 PC. Even messed around a teeny bit with Halo Online ElDewrito. I don't wanna buy the MCC games separately on PC, gimme da whole package. Sounds like it's gonna be a while before all the games get released though. I've seen XB1 MCC for $20. No chance of seeing $20-$30 for the whole package on PC is there?

Become a Patron!
Back