Hardspace: Shipbreaker

Auer

FPS Regular
Somewhat addictive time killer :)
Early access so not very well optimized yet (Unity Engine) but easy graphics and fun physics.
Anyone else play?

Watched the video on Steam... Interesting... What's the premise of the game?

Watched the video on Steam... Interesting... What's the premise of the game?
You're a ship junker, breaking them for profit so you can pay off massive corporate debt.

As you get better the ships you choose to break up can be very challenging and dangerous, you can die if you do something wrong.
Basically a combination of problem solving, dexterity and good sense of space/direction.

Its on my wishlist and I'll probably get to it once I finish up Borderlands 3

It needs an alien invasion and some guns. :)

The premise seems like it could be really cool, but not sure I'd like the timer. I generally hate timers in games, especially where they don't make sense.

The premise seems like it could be really cool, but not sure I'd like the timer. I generally hate timers in games, especially where they don't make sense.
"Open Shift" mode has no time limit, basically a free play kinda thing (y)

"Open Shift" mode has no time limit, basically a free play kinda thing (y)

Ah, good to know. I saw someone mention that in the reviews, but they said that it was buggy and/or crashed the game. Hopefully that can be chalked up to early access issues that will get ironed out. Methodically cutting apart space rigs while avoiding hazards sounds really neat...I believe one reviewer termed it "deconstruction puzzle".

Become a Patron!
Back