Hasbro Is Bringing Back Tiger Electronics’s Retro LCD Handheld Games, for Some Reason

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
tiger-lcd-handheld-transformers-1024x576.jpg
Image: Hasbro

Remember LCD handhelds? You know, those games your parents would buy if they were too cheap to get you a Game Boy? For some inexplicable reason, Hasbro is bringing them back into the gaming market.

There doesn’t seem to be a press release on Hasbro’s website yet, but The Verge is reporting that Tiger Electronics LCD handhelds are set to re-emerge this fall. There will be four versions, each priced at $14.99 (batteries not included).

These comprise The Little Mermaid, Transformers: Generation 2, X-Men Project X, and Sonic the Hedgehog 3. “The design and technology were created with the original handheld game unit in mind,” says Hasbro...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a Double Dragon handheld as a kid.

Even though it was nothing compared to a true video game console, I did spend a lot of time on it.

Bringing these back?! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
Despite having access to real video games on consoles and PC back during the days when Tiger Electronics handhelds were around and plentiful, I still did play a lot of those things. Everyone I knew did. I wonder how Hasbro decided on the 4 games to be the first to be re-released. Are these things even gonna sell in this time period? I got nostalgic memories of them myself, but there's no way in **** I would buy 'em today.

These were the horrible poor kid version of a game boy that I endured as a kid.

No nostalgia value to me.... I probably need a therapist.

Wh... they are missing the boat here. They could EASILY make the device be a single device with all of those old games loaded on it then it would be like that stupid atari conroller/console thing or the dumb *** mini NES with all the games built in. Melinnials would RUSH to buy them all. Then after sales calm down release an app for Android and Iphones that does it all as well for 5 bucks and those same people will double dip and buy them again.

Unless you simply want to flood a landfill with dumb *** games bought for kids that have smartphones by great grandparents that just don't know any better.

This seems like a total waste of time and money. I agree most kids would use a smartphone over one of these.

Become a Patron!
Back