Hasbro Unveils $700 Programmable Optimus Prime Robot That Can Self-Transform

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
transformers-robosen-optimus-prime-robot-packaging-1024x576.jpg
Image: Hasbro

During today’s Pulse Fanfest event, toy giant Hasbro revealed what appears to be the ultimate collector’s item for Transformers fans: a 19-inch replica of Autobots leader Optimus Prime that can be programmed to self-transform into his classic, G1 Freightliner FL86 vehicle mode. Designed in cooperation with programmable robot company Robosen Robotics, Hasbro’s Transformers Optimus Prime Auto-Converting Programmable Advanced Robot costs $699.99 and comprises a whopping 5000 components, 60 microchips, and 27 servo motors. The pricey “toy” even features 80 sound effects voiced by the one and only Peter Cullen.

Introducing an industry first Auto-Converting, Interactive, Programmable, Voice Activated, Mobile Controlled – Optimus Prime Robot. In collaboration with Hasbro – Robosen brings your favorite TRANSFORMERS hero, Optimus Prime...

Continue reading...

Wow... just wow. If I were a toy collector it would be mine. But I'm not.. still all kinds of cool but not quite 700 worth. 200 or 300 maybe

I imagine that would be worth a pretty penny if kept in the sealed packaging in about 20 years or so.
Pretty cool.

Become a Patron!
Back