Having issue getting new build to boot

Snowy

Slightly less n00b
Hi all,
Hoping you can help me troubleshoot. I have a new build with the following specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5900X
GPU: Radeon Vega 56
Motherboard: ASUS STRIX B550-E
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32GB (https://www.microcenter.com/product...el_Desktop_Memory_Kit_BL2K16G36C16U4B_-_Black)
SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIE4 and WD Black SN750 500GB
PSU: Corsair CX750 Watt
(Note: The PSU, and GPU are from my previous build and work well)

The issue is I receive error code, "0d" which the user manual defines as: "Reserved for future AMI SEC error codes"
Additionally, the DRAM QLED is lit, and the GPU fan is not spinning (not sure if this is related at all).

Things I've tried thus far...
- Tried different RAM slots on the motherboard
- Tried my old RAM (Corsair Vengence 8GBx2 DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300))
- Tried removing the CMOS battery for ~10 seconds and putting it back in
- Tried moving GPU to a different PCIe slot
- Removed CPU cooler and made sure the CPU was properly installed & no bent pins
- Checked the various power connections

Any other ideas??

Thanks!

You got a sticker that indicates bios revision (or check sticker on the box)? The 5900X only works from BIOS 1004 and newer on that board.

You got a sticker that indicates bios revision (or check sticker on the box)? The 5900X only works from BIOS 1004 and newer on that board.
Yeah -- So my brother gave me this board he purchased (I think) prior to the 5900X being released. Turned out to be a BIOS issue... This board has a nice feature that allows you to update the bios via a thumb drive and that solved the issue :)
All is good now!

Become a Patron!
Back