HBO Max Offering Six Months of Ad-Free Streaming at a 50 Percent Discount Following HBO’s Departure from Amazon Channels

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
hbo-max-logo-dark-blue-background-1024x576.jpg
Image: HBO Max

Now appears to be an ideal time for streamers who were on the fence about WarnerMedia’s streaming service to finally check it out.

WarnerMedia has announced a new promotion that allows new and former HBO Max subscribers to enjoy six months of the streaming service’s ad-free tier at a 50 percent discount. The original price of HBO Max’s ad-free tier is $14.99/month, so that works out to $7.49/month.

The reason for this promotion is because HBO is no longer available through Amazon Prime Video Channels. WarnerMedia is hoping that the discount pricing will stem expected subscriber losses.

Press Release

As of September 15, HBO is no longer available as a subscription through Amazon Prime Video Channels. However, former subscribers don’t have to miss out on their favorite HBO shows. Starting today, those who accessed HBO via Prime Video...

Continue reading...

We'll at the very least I might give it another shot if the promotion will apply to former subscribers. I had it for about a year but I didn't feel like the $180 annual(14.99x12 rounded up) was worth it. I was also bummed when they absorbed DC and shows that were originally streaming in 4K got downgraded to 1080p. I'm glad the shows(Titans, Doom Patrol, Stargirl) have come back for more seasons but it'd be nice if they were in 4K again.

Become a Patron!
Back