HBO Max Streaming Service Launching May 2020 for $14.99/Month

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
WarnerMedia has announced that its streaming service, HBO Max, will be available on May 2020 for $14.99 a month. Subscribers will get access to 10,000 hours of curated premium content, which includes the entire HBO service and selections from Warner Bros, New Line, DC, CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, and other studios under the WarnerMedia umbrella. Some of the originals coming to HBO Max are House of the Dragon, a Game of Thrones prequel, and a Green Lantern series inspired by the iconic comic.

The company is targeting 50 million domestic subscribers and 75 - 90 million premium subscribers by year-end in 2025 across the U.S., Latin America and Europe. At launch, AT&T will immediately offer HBO Max to the roughly 10 million HBO subscribers on AT&T distribution platforms, at no additional charge. HBO Now direct-billed users who subscribe directly through HBONow.com will also have access to Warner Media’s HBO Max product.

I liked HBO, was often the only thing I watched on cable.

I guess this isn't really any different than HBO Now, other than they have more content now.

I'm curious to see how this pans out. If HBO can get the license deal to be the home of DC and start producing DC movies it could be a competitor to Disney+. Really HBO has to be quaking in their financial boots. They lost GOT, have no rocketship IP that DEMANDS people subscribe. And any other bit of content they get is temporary at best and will end up on netflix/hulu/prime before long. Not to mention now anything Disney can easily end up on Disney +. Put all that together and it's a scary time to be a HBO, Cinemax, Starz or whatever channel shackled down to cable delivery.

I'll keep an eye on this. I like HBO, just need to see if they offer some decent content

Become a Patron!
Back