HELLDIVERS 2 Becomes “7th Highest Grossing Sony Published Game in History” Thanks to PC Release

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
HELLDIVERS 2, the new(ish) co-op third-person shooter game from Arrowhead Game Studios and PlayStation that calls on players to defend and liberate planets from giant bugs and other alien enemies, has become the seventh highest-grossing game published by Sony in the U.S. following its launch on February 8 for PlayStation 5 and Windows PCs.

See full article...

And it has gained a ton of negative reviews in a day due to Sony forcing a PSN account link/creation.

I'm glad Sony sees success with putting games on PC, so that they learn to put more of their games on PC, and to put them out sooner rather than later. I know companies like to make money. No sense in throwing away the chance to make more cash by putting their games on more platforms, especially PC.

I'm glad Sony sees success with putting games on PC, so that they learn to put more of their games on PC, and to put them out sooner rather than later. I know companies like to make money. No sense in throwing away the chance to make more cash by putting their games on more platforms, especially PC.
Or make less cash by destroying your console and other hardware sales. I get that for multiplayer games you may want to launch to as many players as possible asap as there is no point in releasing 1-2 years later when players moved on, but for single player games there is little to no downside in a staggred reelase other then a couple angry players who's preferred device is not catered to immediately.

GTA V is one of the most sold games and has seen delayed release on PC and rerelease on new consoles twice, it has not hurt their sales at all.

I wish this game had a SP campaign. I bought it on a whim and having a hard time getting into the MP only with randos aspect
I think of this all the time with new games. It's becoming a lost cause unfortunately.

Yea all of those amazing no single player games. Harry potter.. psh... Horizon forbidden West... Crap... Baulders gate three . Where's the story.. starfield.. bollox.. nobody is making great single player games any more! Hell even avatar was fun.

Yea all of those amazing no single player games. Harry potter.. psh... Horizon forbidden West... Crap... Baulders gate three . Where's the story.. starfield.. bollox.. nobody is making great single player games any more! Hell even avatar was fun.
Those games are alright*, but none of them qualifies to be great. The last game I'm comfortable calling great was CP2077.

*I can't speak for BG as I haven't played it, because I'm 99% positive I'd not like it.

Those games are alright*, but none of them qualifies to be great. The last game I'm comfortable calling great was CP2077.

*I can't speak for BG as I haven't played it, because I'm 99% positive I'd not like it.
None of those qualifies as great... to you. Got it.

Not one of those games you mentioned was a FPS or Third person shooter like Helldivers or anything like those games. I fail to see the comparison.

Not one of those games you mentioned was a FPS or Third person shooter like Helldivers or anything like those games. I fail to see the comparison.
Fair point if your looking for a new looter shooter that's so good luck.

None of those qualifies as great... to you. Got it.
LOL, while that's true, I don't think you'll have many people on team Starfield is great. I actually defended Starfield against overwhelming hate.
The game that is objectively closest to being great was Hogwarts Legacy, but even that had some pacing issues, and poor graphics at a few locations that a great game should not have.

Become a Patron!
Back