Here’s 10 Gorgeous Minutes of Cyberpunk 2077 Running on Xbox One X and Xbox Series X

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-mohawk-sword-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

CD PROJEKT RED has uploaded a new episode of Night City Wire that demonstrates what its hotly anticipated sci-fi RPG looks like on Microsoft’s Xbox One X and Xbox Series X consoles. Regardless of whether it’s running on last-gen or current-gen hardware, Cyberpunk 2077 looks to be a beautiful experience.

The video actually gives us an extensive look at all of Cyberpunk 2077’s core facets of gameplay, which include driving sequences, general exploration, and first-person shooting. One of the most striking aspects is how large and lifelike Night City feels.

“Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power...

Continue reading...

So am I alone in thinking the textures look less sharp than the other demos?

^^When compared to PC? Sure.. but that really shouldn't be all too surprising to anyone. Anyone expecting current PC gen level graphics on the old console is going to get disappointed. The good news is, the next gen will get a facelift sometime next year.

It's not just the sharpness, it's the whole character models look like ps3/x-360 in some scenes. CP2077 characters and environment could definitely benefit from a photorealistic texture pack upgrade.

But, what bothers me the most is the first-person gameplay that seems so out of place in this game.

Definitely not a launch purchase for me.

It definitely looks like the LOD isn't high in a lot of the shots. Again, not surprising since this is running on a console. The Youtube compression doesn't help. It really looks like a 720p video, not 1080p.

More stuff for those interested:
1.) Behind-the-scenes stuff on CP2077's music:
2.) Behind-the-scenes stuff on Keanu Reeves in the game:
3.) Another new trailer:

Become a Patron!
Back