Here’s DOOM Running in Notepad at 60 FPS

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Developer Sam Chiet has shared a video that demonstrates how DOOM can run in Notepad, and at 60 FPS, no less.

Go to post

I mean I know Doom has been made to run on basically everything (including a f*cking pregnancy test), but seriously, WHAAAAT THA FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!!!!!

"DOOM has been made to run on all sorts of hardware and software in recent times, including refrigerators, calculators, and even pregnancy tests." (my emphasis) o_O

Imagine finding out that the only reason you were conceived was so that your mom could play a game of Doom.

As for Notepad, that's not a surprise. I won't even consider buying a game unless it has a Notepad port. It's convenient to save my game state in UTF-8.

It's running on notepad as much as a game is running on my monitor when I play it.

More or less, yeah. It would've been more amusing if Microsoft had hidden a secret "Doom mode" in the executable itself that could be triggered by some obscure key combination.

Doom can also be compiled as an EFI application and run from a UEFI shell environment, without the need to boot an OS (though arguably UEFI is an OS itself).

That is interesting but also not interesting... meaning it's cool accomplishment but I don't want to play it.

Become a Patron!
Back